"KISS is just as important as Aerosmith,Led Zeppelin"-Scott Ian

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

Anthrax's Scott Ian: KISS Is Just As Important As Aerosmith, Zeppelin

Although he's quick to note that he doesn't pay too much attention to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian got a bit more passionate when talking to Radio.com about a band that has been ignored by the voters.

"A lot people have a problem with KISS," Ian said. "KISS is just as important as Aerosmith and Led Zeppelin.

"The people who vote on these kinds of things — I don't know who these people are — I think they're the kind of people who never, ever liked KISS.

"If you like Alice Cooper, you should like KISS. But a lot of people didn't take them seriously as a songwriting entity. I feel like they're never gonna let KISS in, which is pretty ****ing lame when you consider what they've accomplished."

He continued: "I was reading an interview with someone from the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, and he said that one of the main criteria to be considered into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame is what influence have they had on music? KISS has influenced bands that are already in the Hall Of Fame! They're one of the most influential bands of the last forty years!"

BLABBERMOUTH.NET

ANTHEM

Reaction score
^^ Agreed. Gene even admits that kiss was a simplistic band that was more about using image to make money and bang girls and was nothing to be taken more serious than pure entertainment. They should be in the hall though because of the influence they made on pop culture and amount of albums sold.

Reaction score
Classic Rock Forums' Scotty The Rebel: KISS is better than Aerosmith, Zeppelin.

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
They DID have and DO have great songs...cleverly put together.

Listen to tracks like SHE and Goin' Blind and check out what's going on there. Anyway, I agree with Scott Ian. They should be in the HOF but no sweat off their asses if they are not inducted.

The fans have spoken and at the end of the day that's what matters most.

:grinthumb

ANTHEM

Reaction score
^ They will get in. If rush was finally recognized then kiss will for sure and what is surprising is kiss not being in yet as popular as they were.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I just don't see it happening...If anything I think they will do the crappy honoring and wait for one of the more important figures of the band to pass away.

:uh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online