Kingdom Come (Official Thread)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
kingdom+come.jpg

Official Website

I first heard Kingdom Come on the radio in the eighties, following a lot of publicity on how close to Led Zeppelin they sounded, and thought they were pretty good. I remember hearing Robert Plant say in a radio interview that singer Lenny Wolf 'went beyond respect' and I have read that Jimmy Page thought they ripped off too many riffs. This struck me as strange, because, when he was young, Robert Plant sounded exactly like John Baldry. Led Zeppelin were also copied by almost everyone one of note, including Black Sabbath, Budgie, Chicago, Deep Purple, Montrose, Beckett and Queen. However, I had not a heard a full Kingdom Come album until recently when I listened to the first album.

It is probably heresy, but I never cared for Led Zeppelin as much as I thought I should or as much as I wanted, although I always liked those who were influenced by them. Kingdom Come are no exception and I found the album full of strong vocals and guitar playing with plenty of good riffs. Are there any other Kingdom Come fans here? Can anyone comment on their other albums?

Discography

1988 Kingdom Come
1989 In Your Face
1991 Hands of Time
1993 Bad Image
1995 Twilight Cruiser
1996 Live & Unplugged
1997 Master Seven
2000 Too
2002 Independent
2004 Perpetual
2006 Ain't Crying For The Moon
2009 Magnified
2011 Rendered Waters
2013 Outlier

Last edited by a moderator:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Re: Kingdom Come

I do remember hearing Kingdom Come on the radio during the 80's and was impressed with them.. I didn't get the connection with Led though.. But the one song I heard did sound somewhat like when the Levee Breaks.. But I have their debut and one other.. I've heard them called Kingdom Clone.. :heheh:
A couple of favorites by them..

Get It On

What Love Can Be

E-Z

Reaction score
There 2nd album called IN YOUR FACE was apparently named that after the band was fed up with all the criticism over there debut album sounding like they had ripped off Led Zeppelin!!!.

I thought that there debut album was OK myself.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I used to have their first album - on cassette tape so I no longer have it after I outed all my tapes. Get It On was the first song I ever heard by them back in the 80's, it immediately reminded me of Zeppelin, from the Page-esque riffs to the Plant-alike vocals :)

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I also have the debut KINGDOM COME album and what I remember about its pretty good.Will have to give it a spin havent played it in years. Yes it did get a slating by some of the press and LedZep purists in its day , but as you say their not the 1st band to be inspired by the classic sounds of Led Zeppelin. Anyone remember Michael Des Barres brilliant band DETECTIVE? , even NWOBHM heros DIAMOND HEAD were compared to Plant,Page and the boys.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Ik know their first few albums. They are heavily influenced by Zep but not in an irritant way. For some strange reason I never bought any album. Here's another good song of the debut.

Pushin' Hard

Phantasmagoria

Reaction score
^ That was an excellent album...awesome Led Zep feel to it. I had it on tape as well.

I picked another one of their's up a few years later and it was'nt anywhere near as good.

taha

Reaction score
Just picked up their greatest hits yesterday and I'm already on my 4rth time thru it. Looks like I'll be picking up as much of their work as possible !

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Staff online

Members online