Katy Perry makes Billboard history.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
I generally agree with ILJP about the viability of Katy Perry.

People like N'Sync, The Backstreet Boys and the Spice Girls all started hurtling downhill when key members departed those groups, not necessarily the best thing in the world for pop bands.

That doesn't suggest they would have had longer runs at the top if the likes of Geri Halliwell or Justin Timberlake hadn't taken off to do their own things, but fickle preteen, teenage or young adult fans of that genre of music aren't always too receptive to members bailing on the group.

As for Cyndi Lauper, Debbie Gibson, Tiffany and Britney Spears, all of them suffered valleys in their careers because of poor career choices, erratic public behavior (i.e. Britney), poor follow-up albums or long stretches of inactivity out of the public eye. Quite frankly, despite their best efforts, all four of them did something or another during the course of their career that either set them back several years or short circuited their widespread appeal to the point that they never recovered to make another run at the charts.

Katy Perry has yet to make poor career choices, release an album that is poorly received or act like an imbecile in front of a photographer, video camera or awards show audience. To this point, the same can also be said about Lady Gaga.

Until one of them really drops the ball in some shape or form, I don't see either of them disappearing right off the bat.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online

No members online now.