Katatonia (Official Thread)

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Katatonia-The-Fall-of-Hearts.jpg

Currently giving The Fall of Hearts my 100th or so listen as of learning of it's release. This one may potentially be one of if not the best album Katatonia has put out. It's perfect in every way.

Katatonia doesn't get enough credit for being so consistent. "The Fall of Hearts" is excellent, perhaps their best since "The Great Cold Distance", but I wouldn't call it one of my absolute favourites.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Discouraged Ones and Viva Emptiness are my favourites but damn The Fall of Hearts fits nicely in third spot.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Katatonia doesn't get enough credit for being so consistent. "The Fall of Hearts" is excellent, perhaps their best since "The Great Cold Distance", but I wouldn't call it one of my absolute favourites.

I agree with you on the fact that they don't get nearly as much credit as they deserve. You're also right about the fact that they've been consistent for one, and they're consistently getting better and better. I don't think i've heard a Katatonia album that I hate, which is nice. However, I do disagree on your last point, but then again, that's all opinion with that one. I've not really had a lot of time with listening to Katatonia, so that's why I rate this album as highly on the list as I do. However, I will say that Dead End Kings and The Great Cold Distance are both fantastic albums.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was awesome to see them live on Thursday. 2 hours and a great set. Glad plenty got played from The Great Cold Distance.
The Fall of Hearts is officially my album of 2016 now. It is that damn good.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Loving the opener, Austerity which I feel has some Opeth vibes.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I saw them for a third time on Saturday. If yall ever get a chance, go see them live. Their sets are long and awesome.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online