June 21, 1966

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

On June 21, 1966

A1mZTk5kLwL_SL600_.jpg

Jimmy Page made his live debut with The Yardbirds at the Marquee Club, London.

The Yardbirds

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
That's the first time I've heard that version off dazed and confused without Plant singing it.. That was really bad..:peek
That was pretty funny how Jimmy cut off the guy introducing them..:D

Garrett.. you'd better add Jimmy Pages name to the subject title to draw ILove JimmyPage in here..:cheers2

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
That's the first time I've heard that version off dazed and confused without Plant singing it.. That was really bad..:peek

:wtf: Yes it was!...Page played a few future classic LZ songs while with The Yardbirds. The Yardbirds were a good rock band but Led Zeppelin were Gods of Thunder!

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer the Clapton and Jeff Beck years of the Yardbirds...

But, this move placed Jimmy Page in the spotlight.

And as the ''Dazed and Confused'' video goes - that was an raw early version and was very interesting to watch, thanks for posting it, Garrett! :grinthumb

That song reminded me of the bootleg I used to have on cassette - The Yardbirds Live At The Anderson Theatre 1968 in N.Y.C.

LyricalLaurel

EΔЯ ЯESPOИSIBŁE, too!
Reaction score
Garrett.. you'd better add Jimmy Pages name to the subject title to draw ILove JimmyPage in here..:cheers2

I was thinking the same thing - exactly! Thought she would be here already. I didn't visit yesterday because I thought the thread would be about the demise of (on june 21, 1966) some great musician. Didn't wanna be bummed... :uh:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online