Judas Priest (Official Thread)

RadRobX

What the **** did I post now?
Reaction score

Music is the greatest communication in the world. Even if people don't understand the language that you're singing in, they still know good music when they hear it.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Going to be blunt and say the album is pretty good but it is just that, nothing more, nothing spectacular or great.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
@Riff Raff - I'm curious how you would rate all of the studio albums that came after Painkiller, on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being shit and 10 being awesome (or whatever term you'd like to use)

1997 - Jugulator
2001 - Demolition
2005 - Angel of Retribution
2008 - Nostradamus
2014 - Redeemer of Souls
2018 - Firepower

Thanks

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jugulator - About a 5.5 to 6 out of 10.
Demolition - 2 out of 10.
Angel of Retribution - 9 out of 10.
Nostradamus - 7.5 out of 10.
Redeemer of Souls - 8 out of 10.
Firepower - About a 7 out of 10 on initial listen. It may change with subsequent listens.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
First listen and liking this one quite a bit. It's a bit different at times but gonna say I like it a good deal better than Jugulator, Demolition, Nostradamus, Ram It Down or Turbo.

It will probably battle it out for position with Redeemer Of Souls on my JP list..
I might end up liking it better than ROS ( which I really like ). I'm definitely taking to it quicker.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Firepower - About a 7 out of 10 on initial listen. It may change with subsequent listens.

That's about how I feel overall right now. I definitely do like it, maybe 7.5. I got to listen to it last night without interruption (found a YT vid with the full album). I haven't bought it yet but probably will be this week. Listening in the car on a road trip I'm taking in a few days will give me more time to decide my thoughts on it.

Some of it sounds like Redeemer, I think I said that after one of the preview videos came out a couple of months ago.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online