Judas Priest (Official Thread)

Matt

Reaction score
The birthplace of heavy metal (AKA Birmingham) / L
I absolutely love this album, although I don't know. Stained Class is right up there.

You've seen the Dreamer Deceiver live version video, right? That's kick-ass awesome. Also, Genocide is one of the weaker songs on this album, IMO, although still pretty good, but the live version on Unleashed from the East really dials this song up to 11.

I've seen the OGWT version of Dreamer Deceiver-Deceiver if that's what you're referring too (they also did Rocka Rolla in the same show). I think Genocide and Island of Domination are the two weaklings of the album (not that that makes them bad). Prelude is a bit odd but it fits I think.

I'll agree, Stained Class is my second favourite Priest album! The run from SWOD-Killing Machine is one of my favourite in any band ever. I know they dumbed down slightly for Killing Machine, but it still has some great songs (Before the Dawn and Rock Forever I could listen to all day). Also features more awesome Binks drumming. :bow:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I watched Epitaph and **** that was awesome viewing. The guitar play of Richie Faulkner was just as good as any live rendition KK Downing was on.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
I watched Richie with them at the Manchester Apollo, a couple of years ago I think it was, he was absolutely faultless. Brilliant show .. must look at getting that Epitaph DVD.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Judas Priest Release First Track from New ‘Redeemer of Souls’ Album

Redeemer-full-1200x692.jpg

Judas Priest have unveiled the album title, cover art, and most importantly, first song from their upcoming studio album, ‘Redeemer of Souls.’
This will be the legendary British metal group’s 17th studio effort, and first since their 2008 double-disc concept album ‘Nostradamus.’ ‘Redeemer of Souls’ will be released on July 15 in the United States, a day earlier in the UK, and as soon as the 11th in some other lucky countries.

The ‘Redeemer of Souls’ title track, which you’re probably already listening to over and over again instead of reading this, is everything one could ask for in a new Judas Priest song. It’s got razor-sharp guitar hooks, a strong melody and finds singer Rob Halford still in full control of that one-of-a-kind voice.
It was a little more than a month ago that Halford revealed the band were finished with ‘Redeemer of Souls,’ which will be the first Priest album to feature new guitarist Richie Faulkner. His presence has seemingly revitalized the group, who were publicly pondering semi-retirement around the time of their 2011/2012 ‘Epitaph’ world tour.

But as Halford explained last summer, “Well, it’s turned out not to be the final world tour… since [Faulkner] came on board — we suddenly realized that now there were more opportunities opening up. "

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I've learned to take most band 'retirement' announcements with a large grain of salt over the years...:D

It's nice that Rob feels Priest is rejuvenated for the moment anyway, personnel changes can sometimes be the catalyst to keep a band going, we'll see what happens over the next few months.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TGIElvis7

Members online