justme

Reaction score
Re: Best Judas Priest Drummer

Scott Travis is the better drummer

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

would like to challenge ANY of their drummers (aside from Travis) to keep time on this track from Painkiller (Travis' first album with Priest)

Leather Rebel

I truly believe he helped breathe a new type of metal back into Judas Priest when he joined.

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score

Simon Phillips really doesn't seem to get enough love here, his drumming on some of his wanky jazz-rock solo albums is nothing short of insane ;_;

For Priest though, probably Binksy (Still giving it to Phillips, just because he needs the votes :D).

wal99

Reaction score
Hi!
First of all Simon Phillips wasn't in fact Judas Priest drummer. He did his job in the studio for "Sin After Sin" (by the way pretty good job) and when the session was ended he went home. He didn't play any concert with Judas Priest. We don't know how he would play live with them at the time.
As for the rest I've done some analysis, mainly live playing (comparing the same songs), and for me it's a no-brainer that Dave Holland was the best.
Notice how Judas Priest sounded with him. His drumming seemed simple but more closely listening reveal very interesting and intelligent plays. And his bits so firm and precise.
And Scott Travis ..... sorry ...in comparison he's a disaster.
Check for yourself on live recordings.
:drummin:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
My favorite Priest albums had Scott Travis on drums. Easy choice for me.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Les Binks, but it isn't an easy choice (the did sort of have Simon Phillips after all). I guess if I liked newer Priest I might consider Travis a valid choice but as it is......

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online