Journey reunites with former vocalist!!

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Steve Augeri backstage at Journey concert.

307210_10150308206338576_5867843575_8225814_2049418_n.jpg

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Great pic but Neal needs to lighten up on the hair dye a little. But I do love you Neal!

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Sweet photo. Augeri had some ups and downs with Journey, especially in the last couple of tours at the end.

I was always a fan of the Augeri lineup, though. To me, he was a good singer and by all accounts, a good guy. The records he did with them were also better than people give Journey credit for.

Hardnecker

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^I agree aeroplane. Arrival is especially strong. The Las Vegas 2001 dvd is also very good. I loved the version of La Raza Del Sol off of that.

Fever

Reaction score
I was at Journey's last concert with Augeri.He tried to sing but just couldn't do it.Deen Castronova took over and did the vocals the rest of the concert.Then a couple of days later they hired Jeff Scott Soto.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Deen is a bad ass singer!

And a great guy personally, very humble.

I remember an interview with him when Augeri was still in the band (they were promoting Generations) in which Deen got very emotional talking about how much Neal Schon has meant to him personally and professionally. He also had kind words to say about meeting Steve Perry for the first time.

Fever

Reaction score
There's a guy I thought might be a fun fit for Journey, but that didn't last at all, did it? :uh:

Yeah I was hoping Jeff would be in Journey longer.I liked the Soul SirkUS album he did with Neal and Deen.

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
... woah. The jokes on me. I thought Steve Perry finally reunited with the band after reading this thread headline. I've read somewhere, I believe it was Ultimate Classic Rock's website that Perry wanted a reunion. I guess that was just a rumor. No surprise considering the rift between him and the band. :(