Journey,Foreigner and Night Ranger 2011 Tour

Fever

Reaction score
Journey,Foreigner and Night Ranger are hitting the road together for a tour this summer.They come to my area-Raleigh in August.Funny that Night Ranger is playing a free concert in May in a nearby town to me.

Journey, Foreigner and Night Ranger Tour ::Journey News ::antiMusic.com

Journey and Foreigner aren't what they used to be but they both still put on a good show and I have always been a big Night Ranger fan

Hardnecker

Reaction score
I've seen Journey with and without Steve Perry. With Steve Perry, the vocals were spot on naturally but the setlist was wank. Without him, there was more energy and more Neal Schon. I'll take more Neal Schon anyday. I saw Night Ranger in 1983 and the dual guitars rocked. I've never seen Foreigner though I like a lot of their tunes. I'm going to see this show in Tampa on a Saturday night. Love those big $14 dollar beers.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Don't tend to get too excited about these sorts of tours, seems to me most of them are unashamedly money-making ventures reviving old glories rather than offering anything new or interesting, but Journey and Foreigner were both something very special in their hey-day, so might be worth checking out if the tour comes to NW of England at any point.

Fever

Reaction score
Well most people I know don't go to these shows expecting or even wanting to hear anything new.I bet as soon as Journey cranks out a new song you will see some people heading to the beer line or the bathroom.Not that the new songs are bad but some people just don't care to hear new songs by older bands.
I usually buy the new Journey albums .

Hardnecker

Reaction score
From what I've heard from the new Journey record, there will be lots of girls heading off to ***. I think it's a rock album with Neal shredding at will. The success of the last record and tour afforded him this. Touring and merchandise are the only way for most bands to make a living anymore. The internet and pirating have ruined record sales.

Fever

Reaction score
From what I've heard from the new Journey record, there will be lots of girls heading off to ***. I think it's a rock album with Neal shredding at will. The success of the last record and tour afforded him this. Touring and merchandise are the only way for most bands to make a living anymore. The internet and pirating have ruined record sales.

Let's hope so.I want a more rocking album

Hardnecker

Reaction score
Let's hope so.I want a more rocking album

I think you're going to get it. I remember when they did their 30th Anniversary tour and included cuts from the pre Perry records. There was a few girls next to us that I asked my wife to slap. Going on and on about "what's this song? Where's Open Arms?"

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
ticketsj.png

Just did a search for tickets to this show... :wtf:

2 tickets, almost $300... No these aren't "meet and greets" either. Yeah, I'd like to see this, but I don't want to see it that much. If Steve Perry were still singing for Journey, I'd be more apt to consider it, but .. yeah. Just can't do it.

:(

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
You lucky guys! Such (SUCH!!) musicians come to your city and you simply buying a ticket and go to a concert. I envy to you.:wa

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online