Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
gibson.com

Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Johnny Van Zant Hospitalized; Shows Cancelled or Postponed
Russell Hall
|

Health issues involving Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Johnny Van Zant have forced the band to postpone or cancel a number of shows. According to the group’s website, the 51-year-old singer was hospitalized over the weekend due to complications from a previous surgery. Specifically, the site reports that “Johnny Van Zant was admitted to the Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis, MN on August 6, with a surgical site infected cellulitis which required hospitalization with IV antibiotic treatment. Van Zant has a severe Staph infection and multiple symptoms related to infection. Johnny Van Zant is to remain out of work and recover until cleared by his primary physician.”

The remaining affected shows are listed below. Lynyrd Skynyrd plans to resume their regular tour schedule with the Doobie Brothers on Friday, August 19, in Bethel, New York, at Bethel Woods Center for the Arts.

- Sedalia, MO at Missouri State Fair on August 12, Skynyrd performance has been cancelled; Doobie Brothers still scheduled to perform with Kansas.

- Fort Knox, KY at Godman Army Airfield on August 13, Skynyrd performance has been cancelled; Doobie Brothers still scheduled to perform with Kansas.

- Des Moines, IA at Iowa State Fair on August 16, Skynyrd performance has been cancelled; Doobie Brothers still scheduled to perform with Kansas.

Ticket holders should go back to point of purchase for refunds. Rescheduled shows will honor previously printed tickets.

Lynyrd Skynyrd plan to resume their regular tour schedule with the Doobie Brothers on Friday, August 19, in Bethel, New York at Bethel Woods Center for the Arts.

johnnyvz.jpg

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Get well soon Johnny!

Skynyrd-Doobie Brothers is the tour of the summer!

They're rolling into Long Island at the end of the month - and I have tickets!!

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Your fans are going to miss you....Get well!

Sedalia, MO at Missouri State Fair on August 12, Skynyrd performance has been cancelled; Doobie Brothers still scheduled to perform with Kansas.

I have attended a show there years ago, it`s a nice venue in beautiful country....The Fans will still be in for a great show from The Doobie Brothers and Kansas!

Fever

Reaction score
Get well soon Johnny!

Skynyrd-Doobie Brothers is the tour of the summer!

They're rolling into Long Island at the end of the month - and I have tickets!!

This is the first time in a long time that Skynyrd isn't coming to Raleigh.I would love to see that show.I did see Skynyrd and 38 Special last year.Their new bass player Robert Kearns is from Raleigh and played in the band Cry Of Love.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online