Reaction score
John's rendition of an iconic song in music, "Stand By Me";

HappyTear.png

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yoko Ono Says Being a Beatle’s Wife is a ‘Difficult’ Life

JohnYoko11.jpg

SOURCE LINK

As part of Yoko Ono‘s UK press blitz for her efforts as curator of the 2013 Meltdown Festival in London, the 80-year-old artist/activist acknowledged the pressures inherent in her marriage to the late John Lennon, describing being married to a Beatle as “the most difficult thing to be.”

During an appearance on BBC Radio 4′s Woman’s Hour, she explained, “That’s why I have so much respect and love for the other Beatles’ wives. I think it’s more difficult than being a politician’s wife, because it’s endless. We have a position that is endless.”

While Ono acknowledged that her career suffered as a result of the number of individuals who disapproved of her relationship with Lennon, she nonetheless described it as an interesting experience. “I felt that our love was so strong and so important for us that I shouldn’t worry about if it was going to sacrifice my work or not,” she said. “I felt that it was just continuing, but in a very slow way. My work was still going on as a partnership with John.”

Garvey also brought up Paul McCartney’s 2012 interview with David Frost, where McCartney finally stated unequivocally for the record that “Yoko Ono didn’t end the Beatles.”

“He was very sweet to say that, and he probably needed closure to say that,” Ono said of McCartney’s remarks. “That’s why he couldn’t say that until now. He knew me — we knew each other for 30, 40 years or something — but there was no way to say anything like that because people just liked the idea that we were fighting like crazy in a boxing ring.”

Ono’s curation of the Meltdown Festival begins on June 14 and runs through June 23. In addition to the Yoko Ono Plastic Ono Band, other performers on the bill include Iggy & The Stooges, Patti Smith, Marianne Faithfull and Bill Frisel, Boy George, Thurston Moore, Siouxsie Sioux, Deerhoof, and Cibo Matto.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Scientists Working to Extract DNA from John Lennon’s Tooth

John-Lennon1.jpg

Source Link

In the oddest bit of dead celebrity body part news since Michael Jackson‘s hair was turned into a roulette ball, scientists are trying to sequence John Lennon‘s DNA using an extracted molar.

Lennon’s tooth, which the former Beatle gifted to his housekeeper after it was extracted in the ’60s, has enjoyed a certain measure of celebrity in recent years — it was purchased for more than $30,000 at an auction, with the winning bid placed by a dentist named Michael Zuk.

The enthusiastically weird Zuk, who has written a song and a book about the tooth in addition to supervising a sort of world tour for it, has high hopes for the DNA project. As he told via the Examiner, “If scientists think they can clone mammoths, then John Lennon could be next.”

Added Zuk, “To potentially say I had a small part in bringing back one of rock’s greatest stars would be mind-blowing. I am nervous and excited at the possibility that we will be able to fully sequence John Lennon’s DNA, very soon I hope. With researchers working on ways to clone mammoths, the same technology certainly could make human cloning a reality.”

To keep closer tabs on Zuk’s efforts, you can visit the John Lennon Tooth website.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Preposterous drivel.You could only potentially clone the physical portion of a man's entity.You can't duplicate the life experiences that provided his character and ego developments nor the artistic incline that made Lennon the eternal legend that he has become.Furthermore,Lennon himself was such a promoter of natural human free spirit,he would have undoubtedly opposed the entire cloning process.Keep cloning to animals used for human nutritional consumption and work on the world's hunger problems instead of performing these 1950's B-horror movie operations.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
John Lennon’s Childhood Home Going to Auction

Lennon-Home.jpg

The current owner of John Lennon‘s boyhood home is looking for a larger garden, so he’s putting the historic red-bricked terrace house up for auction later this month. The late Beatle‘s first home will go to the highest bidder on Oct. 29.

It’s believed that only a few people have owned the home since Lennon and his family moved out when he was five years old. While he lived there for just five years, the place played a significant role in his life and music. The address — 9 Newcastle Rd. in Liverpool — is one of many associations Lennon had with the number nine. It’s also believed that he wrote ‘One After 909′ there many years later.

The auction listing makes note of the home’s proximity to Penny Lane and the area that inspired so many of Lennon’s songs. It’s a three-bedroom, one-bathroom, two-story home with a bay window. The backyard is walled in, but apparently not large enough for the current owner.

“I am retired now and would really like a property with a bigger garden,” the unidentified person said, according to the Independent. “I have made sure original features have been preserved so that they reflect the 1960s period. The main structure of the house and features, such as the original Victorian sliding sash windows, are as they were when John Lennon lived here.”

Some modernizing is needed, but the historic nature of the home is expected to draw international interest. The guide price for the auction is between $240,000 and $320,000.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyLionEye

Members online