JOE PERRY Thinks Las Vegas Residency Could Lead To New AEROSMITH Studio Album

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/jo...ncy-could-lead-to-new-aerosmith-studio-album/aerosmithbandjune2019_638.jpg
AEROSMITH's Joe Perry and Brad Whitford spoke to Guitar Player magazine about the possibility of the band releasing new music in the not-too-distant future. Whitford said: "There's been talk, but it's just talk. It's not like we're sitting there and we've got 40 songs to cut. There's not a lot of material on the table. But we could go in the studio and do something — do some covers, whatever. The key would be to keep it light and keep it fun. That's what it's supposed to be about, right?"

Perry, who, along with his bandmates, is in the middle of a successful Las Vegas residency, added: "I think by playing together in this sort of situation, where we don't have to get to a different city every night and be in a different venue, it's going to open up some doors to us getting into a creative mode again, just by changing the paradigm a little bit. So I actually think there's a good chance something like a new record could come out of this experience."

The legendary Boston rockers haven't released a new studio album since 2012's "Music From Another Dimension!" That effort was released when AEROSMITH's label, Columbia Records, was reportedly going through a leadership change, and it ended up becoming a commercial disappointment.

The lackluster response to "Music From Another Dimension!" later caused two bandmembers — Perry and drummer Joey Kramer — to question whether there's any point in AEROSMITH making future albums.

AEROSMITH is scheduled to play 26 more shows in Las Vegas dates before the end of the year — five in June, four in July, four in September, four in October, seven in November, and two in December. The band also has multiple-night "Deuces Are Wild" engagements booked at MGM properties in National Harbor, Maryland; Atlantic City, New Jersey; and Springfield, Massachusetts.

In addition to the "Deuces Are Wild" shows, AEROSMITH is slated to make two festival appearances this summer: July 14 at the Roxodus Music Fest in Edenvale, Canada; and July 19 at the Twin Cities Summer Jam in Shakopee, Minnesota.

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
If only... I wanna hear new Aerosmith's album in 70's old-school style. I know, they can. I want to believe.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They won't do a 70s sound again in my opinion. Long as they don't make it sound too bland like latter albums such as Just Push Play I'd be happy. I enjoyed Music from Another Dimension even if there was a bit of filler.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
“Music From Another Dimension!” was not a classic by any means and definitely patchy, but I enjoyed it. I'd like to think they have a better album in them and I'd love for them to prove me right.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online