Jimmy Buffett Injured During Fall From Stage

Travelin' Man

Reaction score
From TMZ...

Jimmy Buffett was rushed to a hospital in Australia today after he fell off the stage during a concert ... and it appears flashing lights from the lighting director may have triggered the fall that left him unconscious ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ has confirmed the 64-year-old singer was taken to St. Vincent's Hospital in Sydney after he crashed into a large gap in front of the stage during the show's finale at Hordern Pavilion.

An audience member in the front row tells TMZ it appeared Buffett was unconscious for about 5-10 minutes and that he had a huge gash on his head. Paramedics arrived 15 minutes later.

Sean Fogarty, who was also front and center, tells TMZ Jimmy was doing an encore at the end of the concert called "Lovely Cruise" and walking along the edge of the stage when the lighting person splashed "a huge flash of light" along the stage, making it impossible to see and he fell. Fogarty says the next thing he knew he heard Buffett's head strike the metal on his way to the floor.

Another audience member who was close to the stage, tells TMZ a slightly different story .... that it looked as if Buffett was about to jump off the stage to shake hands when he misjudged the jump and fell. The audience member also says he saw Buffett's head strike a metal strip on his way down.

The light flash lasted 10 seconds and no one even knew Buffett had fallen until the flashing ceased.

We're told doctors at St. Vincent's are still assessing his injury.

UPDATE: We're told Buffett is in stable condition and will stay in the hospital for observation.

Here's the link to the story.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Looks like someone was ''Wasted away again in Margaritaville''...
:heheh:

Sorry, that was bad...but you were probably thinkin' it too. ;)

Seriously, I'm glad Jimmy's ok.

:cheers2

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
:heheh: Groovy that was pretty funny...

I know I haven' always been too kind towards his music or his product, but to be honest he looks like a nice fella and someone I wouldn't mind tossin' back a few margaritas with. I don't wish harm on anyone and I HOPE he's ok.

That had to hurt like hell.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I think Jimmy's wildest days are way behind him now.

That sounds like just a bad timing situation to me, and if the first take on the story is what happened then they'll have to do a better job co-ordinating it next time out. But Jimmy has been playing for decades so it just seems weird he would forget what was coming next.

I like him and hope he is up and about soon.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
The "head strike a metal strip" line is what granbbed me....yeeesh...that's a close one...gawwwd! yeah I am glad he's ok.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I know he used to party extensively back in his younger days, including smoking "mexican cigarettes" along with his drinking, but at his age I just don't see him getting bent out of shape when he's performing. Afterwards I could see that but not during a concert.

Reaction score
I know he used to party extensively back in his younger days, including smoking "mexican cigarettes" along with his drinking, but at his age I just don't see him getting bent out of shape when he's performing. Afterwards I could see that but not during a concert.

I have a feeling a light just got him in the eyes, and he lost his balance.. At least we found out parrotheads can't fly:D:tongue:

That could have been a career ender for him, I definitely hope it isn't.. He smiles every single time he's on stage, and that's pretty rare.. Very few artists still have that good of a time:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
...and I doubt he party's that hard anymore...I wouldn't be surprised if it was minimal to nothing. But I don't know for sure.

Reaction score
...and I doubt he party's that hard anymore...I wouldn't be surprised if it was minimal to nothing. But I don't know for sure.

I have a feeling that he still kicks back a few margaritas now and again, nothing like his legend though:D

Kick it In Second Wind

"So won't you kick it in second wind
we got two more hours to go.
Is there anymore hope of scorin' anymore coke,
and we've still got to do another show. "

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn