Jimi Hendrix Experience (Official Thread)

RockshotsPhotos

Reaction score
The problem with Randy (if you accept that there is a problem?) is that he only plays Jimi's material even though he plays it real good.
E-Z, I agree. I have seen Randy many times live. He has about 5 CD's of original recorded material that is unbelievable, some of my favorite music. I have even asked him, begged him to play originals, he tells me the fans only want to hear him play Jimi songs and he is OK with that. Like you said, he does that real good, better than anyone....

randyh11.jpg

E-Z

Reaction score
E-Z, I agree. I have seen Randy many times live. He has about 5 CD's of original recorded material that is unbelievable, some of my favorite music. I have even asked him, begged him to play originals, he tells me the fans only want to hear him play Jimi songs and he is OK with that. Like you said, he does that real good, better than anyone....

View attachment 25455
Wow you know and speak to Randy!!. Wow that's mind blowing!!. You have to give it to Randy he's being playing Jimi's old stuff for about 5 decades now that is some dedication to THE MASTER himself. The funny thing regarding Randy is at least over here in the UK is many rock fan's even in there 50s, 60s & 70s would never had heard of him because he gets 'zero press' over this side of the Atlantic and unless you know a bit about Jimi Hendrix and people that he influenced guitarists like Robin Trower, Frank Marino & Uli Jon Roth who came after him that's when Randy's name is usually mentioned other than that you probably will never have heard of Randy Hansen.

Randy played a 'Jimi Hendrix style' of feedback drenched anti-Vietnam/Machine Gun/star spangled banner type of instrumental piece of music in the Apocalypse Now movie I believe?.

Next time that you speak to Randy tell him that E-Z over in the UK is a fan thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm a big Jimi Hendrix fan and I saw Jimi at 5 concerts back 1967-70. I made the Guitar Hero vinyl album at Stoned Records label for many many years ago and for a month ago I found this DVD+R in a record shop in Amsterdam and it sounds pretty good indeed. Especially the remastered vinyl discs at 24/192. So my question is... which album (of all releases) do you think is the best BBC Sessions? Best sound quality and "clearest" sound?

The picture below is taken from a blogspot webpage.

Bigger picture

jimi-hendrix-experience-bbc-sessions-collectors-edition.jpg

E-Z

Reaction score
I have just been re-listening to a very good sound recording of a Jimi Hendrix Experience gig from Stockholm Sweden in February 1969.

This cd bootleg recording has been doing the rounds for very many years and I first came across this live gig back in the mid-1980s on a video cassette taken from a Swedish television recording of the concert all be it filmed in black & white. Two songs from the set Red House & Sunshine of Your Love were released on a legal Experience Hendrix video/dvd back in the early 2000s.

Track listing-

1.Killing Floor 2.Spanish Castle Magic 3.Fire 4.Hey Joe 5.Voodoo Child (slight return) 6.Red House 7.Sunshine of Your Love

At the finish of Sunshine of Your Love Noel Redding is heard dedicating the song to "Some friends of ours" while the stage MC walks on stage and takes the mic and announces to the (quiet) audience "The Jimi Hendrix Experience, that's your lot folks!" to shouts of "No!" and jeers from some in the audience along with Noel Redding saying "We haven't finished yet?". The MC continues in a shaky voice saying "Well I was told if they were to finish at 9 o'clock that was it but I guess you all want some more so here they are the Jimi Hendrix Experience!" but it is to late Jimi is seen unplugging his white Gibson SG that he used for both Red House & Sunshine of Your Love and walks off stage after which the television recording fades and cd recording abruptly finishes as well.

Postscript. I believe the JHE didn't play anymore numbers and went back to there dressing room although they did re-appear again to play the second set later during that same evening.

E-Z

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
After studying 'the master' James Marshall Hendrix for the past 40+ years and buying the vinyl records back in the 1980s and cds since the 1990s and also reading everything I could find on the man I have just started re-reading Tony Brown's excellent book HENDRIX THE FINAL DAYS that was published back in 1997 which I bought on it's release and describes Jimi's last three weeks on earth until his death at the age of 27 on September 18th 1970 and robbed the world of the greatest guitarist in rock music there has ever been.

Last edited:

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Indeed E-Z, it took me a good few years to collect all his albums- and a speight of 12"singles.
Ever here this Experience / Band of Gypsies spin off?
Mindblowing..Billy Cox coming thru' those 88's.

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
Back in the 1980s it was still possible to pick up loads of Jimi's vinyl albums second hand on the original Track and subsequently on Polydor record labels in England like Are You Experienced, Axis: Bold As Love, Electric Ladyland, Cry Of Love and many more so I collected the lot then I started picking up the Lonnie Youngblood albums from 1963 and also the Curtis Knight albums that featured Jimi from 1965/66 and the Ed Chalpin PPX stuff from 1965/66 & 67 then some more obscure stuff one of my favourites was a vinyl album called Free Spirit that was a great album although I believe it dated from about 1964 and it features about 6 or 7 tracks one of which was the Animal's song House Of The Rising Sun and a long instrument called Let The God Sing all topped off with a good picture of Jimi on the album cover circa 1969/70(?) if I can find it I shall post it on here.

http://2006andreamvinyl.co.uk/index_files/image6862.jpg

That was the 'scam' back then minor record companies would put out substandard recordings of Hendrix when he was a sideman from 1964 or 1965 and then put a nice picture of Jimi on the album cover of him on stage playing the Isle of Wight festival in 1970 so collectors would buy it more for the album cover rather than the music. I think Experience Hendrix bought up all those early tapes and locked them all in there record vaults because you never see any of that stuff anymore these days.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online