1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jimi Hendrix Experience (Official Thread)

Discussion in '60's Music' started by Groovy Man, Feb 25, 2010.

1. E-Z

E-Z Senior Member

...or possibly Angel maybe?.

Angel came down from heaven yesterday, she stayed just long enough to rescue me
    and she told me a story yesterday, about the sweet love between the moon and the deep blue sea
    and then she spread her wings high over me she said I'm going to come back tomorrow
    and I said fly on my sweet angel, fly on through the sky, fly on my sweet angel tomorrow I'm going be by your side...

Sure enough this morning came over me, silver wings silhouette against a giant sunrise
    and my angel she said unto me, today is the day for you to rise, take my hand your gonna be my man your gonna rise
    and she took me high over yonder and I said fly on my sweet angel fly on through the sky, fly on my sweet angel forever I shall be by your side...

Jimi Hendrix

Nai Noswad likes this.
  2. Nai Noswad

Nai Noswad Senior Member

Almost time for my fave Jimi offering
    51st Anniversary.

E-Z likes this.
  3. E-Z

E-Z Senior Member

Actual fact that song is a very clever song lyrically although it isn't a well known Hendrix song but was the B side to Purple Haze. I am not sure if it was recorded in late 1966 or early 1967 without checking it out but it is a rather good song I agree but gets lost amongst songs like Hey Joe, Purple Haze, Foxy Lady & The Wind Cries Mary and many others like All Along The Watchtower & Voodoo Child (slight return).