Jimi Hendrix Experience (Official Thread)

Reaction score
I've noticed that studio renditions of Hendrix on YouTube come and go, similar to the Beatles. Eventually you might find it but their management will sooner or later insist they get deleted

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
This audio of Jimi Hendrix in Stockholm in 1967 is fifty years old (the song is even older), and there is not a modern guitarist to match the energy and power in his playing:

The version from the BBC sesions is better, but I could not find a YT clip without interruptions of chat.

E-Z

Reaction score
Those two Swedish cats who ran the Jimi Hendrix Information Centre during the 1970s, 80s & 90s and knew a hell of a lot about him said many years ago maybe 10 years ago that they are going to release in 2018 Jimi & the Experience playing the entire Woburn Abbey gig in England back in 1968. I presume it will be available via a mail order if it's still going to happen?.

E-Z

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
I had one of his albums many years ago back in the 1980s and I wish I had kept it.

The problem with Randy (if you accept that there is a problem?) is that he only plays Jimi's material even though he plays it real good.

I once read a music critics review of a Randy Hansen album many years ago that went something like-

If mysteriously everyone in the world died and all the music that was ever recorded disappeared along with all the rock film footage and a alien spaceship landed on earth and the only piece of music that the alien's found was a RANDY HANSEN record and the alien's listened to it they would think that he was the greatest musician in the universe!!.

E-Z

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online