Jimi Hendrix Experience (Official Thread)

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
To right joker i'll buy anything to do with Jimi and have done for slowly getting on 40 years now that includes the official releases while Jimi was alive and the post 1970 posthumous releases during the 1970s & 1980s which includes the Alan Douglas material and the Experience Hendrix material as well. Back in the early 1980s if I went into the 'Record Exchange' record shop in London's Camden Town there was still many official and unofficial vinyl albums to be found in the record bins that also included many of the Curtis Knight vinyl albums of material from 1965-1967 plus also the Lonnie Youngblood vinyl albums of material from around 1964 and also some super rare material from the Mike Ephron 'Woodstock House jams' in 1969 on 3 vinyl albums and some real obscure odds & sods were still to be found. A lot of the Curtis Knight, Lonnie Youngblood and the odds & sods vinyl albums that Jimi (mite have?) played on were 'ok' but usually the album covers were more interesting than some of the music that the album contained because the album covers usually always featured a big picture of Jimi on stage somewhere and had nothing to do with what was recorded on the album.

E-Z
yes its a lifespan of obtaining Hendrix for me too!

Reactions: E-Z
Reaction score
Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought, 48 years after his death, they would still be finding some great unreleased tracks from Jimi such as the one posted above. Hendrix loved to wind down his evenings by popping into a recording studio and just play a bit, alone or with friends. Even though these jams were never meant to be released, they still sound fantastic

As one who was buying Hendrix albums when he was alive and just about all the posthumous albums after, this will be a day 1 purchase for me

dearprudence

Reaction score
Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought, 48 years after his death, they would still be finding some great unreleased tracks from Jimi such as the one posted above. Hendrix loved to wind down his evenings by popping into a recording studio and just play a bit, alone or with friends. Even though these jams were never meant to be released, they still sound fantastic

As one who was buying Hendrix albums when he was alive and just about all the posthumous albums after, this will be a day 1 purchase for me
i was born int he 70s so i am glad there are unreleased racks for me to discover.thanks to you tube i can check out many forgotten 60s and 70s acts.

E-Z

Reaction score
I believe virtually everything Jimi ever did on a guitar was recorded especially after he was brought over to England by Chas Chandler in September 1966 until he died on September 18th 1970 be it in a professional recording studio or in a live venue or on his own personal tape recorder at some after hours jam at a club somewhere. The only piece of music I have heard that wasn't recorded professionally or was bootlegged was by all accounts a haunting piece of music that Jimi performed on his electric guitar at a club in the USA one night 'off the cuff' on hearing of the assassination of Dr.King in 1968 and I believe no bootleg has ever surfaced with that piece of music that he performs on although I could be wrong?.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Don't know if there's a full album worth of material for this, don't know if all rights can be obtained, but I'd love to see a compilation of songs that Hendrix made a guest appearance.

From Stephen Still's first solo album in 1970, "Old Times, Good Times" had some tasty Jimi riffs

E-Z

Reaction score
I would like to see the session he played on with Arthur Lee's LOVE in London on March 1970 be released. There is some stuff from that session available on the Internet but I would like to see it cleaned up and released on a proper cd although Experience Hendrix mite put it out as a limited cd on mail order only or as a limited edition bonus cd with another new Hendrix cd?.

Just an idea Janie?

E-Z

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I have a question for any Jimi fans out in the listening audience.

Is there any particular reason that I can find just about every imaginable live version of Spanish Castle Magic on youtube but not a single studio version? There are "instrumental" studio vids out there. A crap ton of live versions. Plenty of covers. But to find a single studio cut of this song has been eluding me for years. I'm curious if anyone knows the reason for this? Especially since you can find pretty much every other song he recorded both studio and live, but the studio of this one just seems to have disappeared off the face of the web.

I did find one VIMEO video that some dude uploaded of him and his wife on a trip to Spain, so the audio is proper, but I'd rather not look at them (not because they are hideous or anything, but I don't know them :p )

Reaction score
I have a question for any Jimi fans out in the listening audience.

Is there any particular reason that I can find just about every imaginable live version of Spanish Castle Magic on youtube but not a single studio version? There are "instrumental" studio vids out there. A crap ton of live versions. Plenty of covers. But to find a single studio cut of this song has been eluding me for years. I'm curious if anyone knows the reason for this? Especially since you can find pretty much every other song he recorded both studio and live, but the studio of this one just seems to have disappeared off the face of the web.

I did find one VIMEO video that some dude uploaded of him and his wife on a trip to Spain, so the audio is proper, but I'd rather not look at them (not because they are hideous or anything, but I don't know them :p )

I believe it's due to Jimi's estate continually monitors YouTube and demands unauthorized posts be removed. This mostly happens with the studio recordings which the family owns the rights.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
yeah, I thought about that, but what seems odd is that you can always find most other songs, just not that particular one.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online