Jimi Hendrix Experience (Official Thread)

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Nice pick-ups! Smash Hits is the best introduction to Jimi in my opinion. (All versions of it :grinthumb)

Smash Hits was my first album. I was twelve years old.

I got the Miami shows a few months ago.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Experiencing Again...

I've never seen that cover. I think the one I always saw had Hendrix with some kind of multi color outline.

This one is much better. It has a Zachariah feel to it.
Khor1255, that pic is the poster I have sans the big titles on the upper left. The sleeve jacket is the multi figure outline you are thinking of.

Did some research and the copy of "Electric Ladyland" on hold for me is the Reprise version and not a Warner reissue. Means that it is the natural sounding release that Kramer intended. Tri-color LP labels too. I saw it yesterday but held off. Old as heck like but not too worn.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
Smash Hits was my first album. I was twelve years old.

I got the Miami shows a few months ago.

I've had the Miami Pop festival CD for about a month now. Still feeling it out, but I will say the performance reminds me of the concert at Winterland. The two gigs were about 5-6 months apart.

Last edited:

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Sad to think of the places Hendrix might have journeyed with his brilliant gift had he not passed away so prematurely.Just look at what he accomplished in his less than five year career as revered performer(1966-70).There was so much more for him to give to the world,just as with Jimmy Morrison and Janis Joplin.............

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
I heard a fascinating piece on the radio about 6 months ago. Dave Gilmour was the guest in a feature where Rock/Pop artists play 'The Tracks of my Years'. The artist selects 10 tracks and explains the reasons why. One of Dave's tracks was 'The Wind Cries Mary'. He then went on to talk of Jimi. Dave had heard he was to play at a club in London in 1966, and had heard so much he wanted to see him. "When I walked in, I knew something a bit special was going on. The Beatles were in one corner of the room, and The Stones in another". He said he had been so knocked out by what he had seen he went out the next day to buy some of Jimi's records, only to find out that, at that point, he hadn't released any!

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Yeah from what I understand,Animals bassist Chas Chandler was the first to truly recognize Jimi's potential for worldwide recognition at his craft.Once in the London clubs,figures like Paul McCartney,Pete Townsend and Eric Clapton became instrumental in helping Hendrix get started in the big leagues with much word of mouth.In fact,I believe it was Sir Paul who suggested to Monterey organizer Papa John Phillips that Jimi be booked into the festival.The man was certainly far too talented and motivated to not wind up with the recognition he eventually garnered...........

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
I have Smash Hits on cassette,Bout have it wore out,mostly from playing at work yrs ago,Can't even see the playlist anymore:heheh:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online

No members online now.