Jimi Hendrix Experience (Official Thread)

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Re: The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Hendrix pushed the boundaries of what was possible on the instrument in his day. The song Machine Gun from the Band Of Gypsys record sums it all up on one song. It represents the turmoil of the times as well as what was available sonically to express yourself on the guitar. Sure their are better "guitar athletes" around today. Being technically proficient is only one aspect of playing the guitar. I'll take Hendrix's feel and emotion over Malmsteem's scalar speed antics anyday, for example.
THAT track blew me away on my first hearing of it. Still resonates with me today. On point about your thoughts comparing Hendrix to the much more ballyhooed "speed kings" everyone thinks of.

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

Seeing as this is the Shrine for the man, I'll be posting pics of the record albums I have. I am quite passionate about Mr. Hendrix, so I have been avoiding this thread a bit...I know that sounds a bit backwards, but I like to get my feet wet in a forum before pouring out my soul. :D

ETA: A lot of these are not "official" releases. Unfortunately, Jimi's contract obligations were all over the place, and some releases were purely producers gathering checks. For what it's worth, these are all just for historical reference. :)

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

trying again

Last edited:

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

RecordAlbums3282010007.jpg

RecordAlbums3282010003.jpg

jimihendrix1020.jpg

JimiHendrixcloseup.jpg

Last edited:

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score

Please forgive the pic quality, some of these are still in shrink wrap, making it more difficult to photograph..:bonk:

Mikes20House_Fuzzy_Diane_Viynl20049.jpg

jimihendrix1013.jpg

jimihendrix1017.jpg

003-2.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online