Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
Re: Jethro Tull

some people are die hard fans of Tull, I'm not one of those. I'm the next step down: the group who loves alot of his stuff, has a few albums and absolutely loves his greatest hits.

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning

From Jethro Tull Board @ www.laufi.de • Foren-Übersicht, posted by Snafje JT

IA: I do have, currently, a whole album written and prepared, and in fact scored in Sibelius, one of the music composition programs, and al the lyrics and arrangements done. I’m looking forward to going to the studio to record it, but it won’t be until November because between now and the end of October, we’re pretty much on the road all the time. I finished writing that in the beginning of April or the last week of March. I spent a few days with my guitar player and keyboard player doing the job of consigning it all to written arrangements. But it’s on ice until we have a recording session with rehearsals starting at the end of October. We have about six weeks of studio time booked. So, yeah there will be something next year coming out around the end of March.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^Something to look forward to next year Jeffrey.:hab:

I wonder if it will be another "world music" type album or something closer to his older work?

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score

All I know is that the second half of 2011 and all of 2012 will hopefully be a great time for all long suffering Tull fans LG. The current US Aqualung re-visited tour is doing great business with a lot of positive comments and reviews and Ian Anderson must have at least an albums worth of material already written, with some songs already performed in concert, so we should be thankful for that. As for what genre of music it will be, expect to be surprised and envigorated :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^You will hear it before I do Sir Jeffrey, of that I have little doubt.

Good to hear he is having fun on his current tour.:grinthumb

Sled108

Reaction score

Wow...What a Thread...I haven't read all the 50 some pages yet...Because I'm listening to this...

And, even though some don't put this Up There on their Tull List...I Do...Because, I'm an Old Rocker...And I have a Harley Davidson, and had a Triumph Bonneville...

Last edited:

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score

Wow...What a Thread...I haven't read all the 50 some pages yet...Because I'm listening to this...

And, even though some don't put this Up There on their Tull List...I Do...Because, I'm an Old Rocker...And I have a Harley Davidson, and had a Triumph Bonneville...
Yes it's quite an "interesting" thread Sled108. All down to LG and a merry band of devotees :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I read that article yesterday with my coffee, and Sir Jeffrey although I am not up on things like I used to be and admit it, Jethro Tull played in Edmonton's Jubilee Concert Hall last night. I didn't even know they were over here touring.:bonk: And it is the "Aqualung revisited" themed tour you mentioned a while ago.

How did this slip past me...:sm:

I loved the part where Martin describes being chased by wolves while jogging in his winter home in Fernie...:heheh: I had no idea he lived there and snowboards all winter, or that his daughter is an instructor there as well.

Good informative article I thought, and I have always rated Martin as one of the best guitarists of his era and always will.:bow:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Staff online

Members online