Jethro Tull (Official Thread)

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning

[Review] Jethro Tull – The Zealot Gene

AUTHOR:JACOPO VIGEZZI PUBLISHED DATE:DECEMBER 19, 2021 LEAVE A COMMENTON [REVIEW] JETHRO TULL – THE ZEALOT GENE

Jethro Tull are a band that made the history of Rock music, one of the most refined mixes of different styles from Prog to Folk, passing through the most Bluesy influences of the early days. Over 30 albums to their credit, more than 50 million copies sold, tracks that still sound today after 50 years as they did then, thrilling young and old fans. A lot of progress has been made by the band, which has been able to adapt to the times, always maintaining a first-rate quality and always managing to offer engaging live performances permeated with a unique energy of its kind. On January 28, 2022 the band will release “The Zealot Gene” via InsideOut Music, the first album of original tracks in the last 18 years. 12 tracks that Ian Anderson’s Tulls have been working on since 2017, whose release was conditioned by the Covid pandemic, presents lyrics permeated with Biblical references that the frontman describes as follows:

jeffrey

Alive & Well & Living In
Reaction score
Second to the right then straight on till morning

‘The Zealot Gene’ by Jethro Tull

“Mrs Tibbets,” sets an eerie beginning to the new Jethro Tull album, before Mr Anderson’s flute comes in and changes the tenor. The song progresses through the movements, hitting its stride and turning inside and out. A song that captures the magic of the past and the future.

“Mine Is The Mountain,” takes a turn for the groove. Anderson narrates a tale as old as time. His vocals dominate the landscape, reaching out for the turn of the spike. A song that shows Tull at their height.

“The Zealot Gene,” is the title track of the album and it moves with groove and grace. Majestically swaying between flute melodies and soaring vocals that capture the listener and enrapture them with tales of the Zealot Gene.

“Sad City Sisters,” is an instant classic. It moves with a sauntering melody, allowing guitars and vocals to interchange with great gusto. Taking their winding way through a passionate embrace.

“The Betrayal of Joshua Knyde,” is pure Anderson, filled with his calm swagger that hints at a deeper sense of passion and grievance. His vocals are simply sublime.

“Three Loves, Three,” takes the listener on a venture to the great beyond. Embracing the flute melodies that weave a tale of time and love that embodies the new spirit.

“The Fisherman of Ephesus,” is a fitting finale. Capturing everything that makes Jethro Tull perfect, it weaves itself within and without. Capturing the cascading melodies and the subtle venturings into mythos of time and space.

This fantastic album is out on January 28th via Insight Out. Be sure to get it!

Link to original article

Khor1255

Reaction score
Like most hard rock fans there were a few Tull songs I always liked. Around the time we were all jamming in the neighborhood my brother and a really good guitar player started covering somewhat obscure Tull songs. Don't remember which ones but while interested I was still most heavily into stuff like Maiden and King Crimson etc.

It wasn't until I bought Benefit and Stand Up on a lark and got snowed in from work a couple days listening to these albums that I became a die hard. And this was before hearing my all time favorite album from them - This Was.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online