Jeff Lynne Nominated as a Performer/Songwriter for the Songwriters Hall of Fame 2013!

TrekkiELO

Reaction score
SongHall - Songwriters Hall of Fame 2013 Nominees For Induction Announced

jlynne_large-200x150.jpg

Jeff Lynne

English pop-rock luminary Jeff Lynne first found fame in The Move, then made it big on both sides of the pond as leader of the Electric Light Orchestra. With ELO, he wrote such hits as “Can’t Get It Out of My Head,” “Livin’ Thing,” “Mr. Blue Sky” and “Don’t Bring Me Down.” He later co-founded the Traveling Wilburys with George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Roy Orbison and Tom Petty, and had a writing hand in their hits “Handle With Care” and “End Of The Line;” he also wrote hits for the likes of Orbison (“You Got It”) and Petty (“I Won’t Back Down” and “Free Fallin’”).

Key songs in the Lynne catalog include “Evil Woman,” “Do Ya,” “Don’t Bring Me Down,” “Mr. Blue Sky” and “Strange Magic.”

:grinthumb

At least one Hall finally finds him worthy!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Jeff Lynne Nominated as a Performer/Songwriter for the Songwriters Hall of Fame 2

Yes he's a "first Ballot" HOF inductee for sure. Still not sure I will bother with his new "remixed" album of old material though, I am set in my ways and like old ELO just the way it is. However if I was in the recording studio I can promise the production values of the old material would have been a lot better. As much as I love ELO they suffer from consistent "skinny" sounding albums.

rockyraccoon

Reaction score
Re: Jeff Lynne Nominated as a Performer/Songwriter for the Songwriters Hall of Fame 2

I'm glad Jeff is getting a little more recognition. Though i'm a big ELO fan myself, i'm not sure that i'm going to bother with his "reworked" ELO hits

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online