Janis Joplin RIP

Flower

retired
Reaction score
Re: R.I.P. Janis Joplin

Nothing against Janis but her cover of "Summertime" makes me run screaming from the room ... I love the Zombie's cover and Louis Armstrong's version but Janis singing "Summertime" is just not my cup of tea.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I do give her respect for what she accomplished, but I never liked her albums. The only song I enjoy listening to is "Mercedes Benz"...I think that's the title, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

I thought Janet did her best work when she was with Big Brother & the Holding Company.

LP5188-300.jpg

:geetar:

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

R.I.P.

I was never a huge Joplin fan. I do respect her vocal talents, she definitely had the soul and blues voice. She had zero song-writing talents, but she gave everything she had to her vocal abilities.

Janice was a product of the 60's. She worked on the illusion that her music was gonna save the world. She had a vocal talent that should be appreciated, and the mere fact people still mention her, and know who she is, is a testimonial to what impact she has made on music history.

Big Brother And The Holding Company was not a very good band, but they had the sound that complimented Joplin's voice. They were rough, agressive, and messy, just like Janis Joplin.

Best Album "Cheap Thrills":

zap_janis1.jpg

Worst Album "I Got Dem Ol' Cosmic Blues Again Moma":

zap_janis3.jpg

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

Big Brother And The Holding Company was not a very good band, but they had the sound that complimented Joplin's voice. They were rough, agressive, and messy, just like Janis Joplin.

Yes! That's putting your finger right on the key point.

:grinthumb

Midnight Rider

Captain Karma
Reaction score

There were a few years there where Rock stars were killing themselves. It was so sad to hear about Janis, Jimi, Jim and the others. Just think of the music they could have still made. The sixties was a unique time to live through with lots of good points but also plenty of bad.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArturoThre

Members online