Janis Joplin RIP

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
hER WORDS IN THIS TUNE CANNOT BE TRUER.......indeed, get it while ya can baby........life is so short :):):)

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
If nothing else, Janis' short life was complicated. But musically she gave it her all, and I think she had a great voice (not that it was necessarily the best voice), three great backing bands, and she had that rock & roll swagger about her.

Unfortunately though, she was an emotional trainwreck. As Neil Young would sing, "it's better to burn out than to fade away" and in Janis' case that probably gave her love and recognition she never seemed to realize in life.

Last edited:

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
In terms of influence Janis Joplin and Grace Slick would have brought many lady rockers more onto the scene. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of JJ - but that's okay cause she probably has many fans! :D

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
In terms of influence Janis Joplin and Grace Slick would have brought many lady rockers more onto the scene. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of JJ - but that's okay cause she probably has many fans! :D

Do not worry 2 much CP....JJ has millions of fans all over the globe....in places where you'd never imagine 2 :):)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online

No members online now.