Jake Bugg

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
18 year old Jake Bugg is an English singer songwriter. He is a big fan of Donovan, Jimi Hendrix, Oasis, Bob Dylan and The Beatles.

Jake Bugg – Two Fingers

Lightning Bolt

Love Me The Way You Do

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
You can hear the influences in Jakes music. This guy has had LOADS of marketing here in the UK...video adverts,t.v appearances etc etc you name it.Sales have been good.A lot of pressure for such a young man
He does some catchy tunes....be interesting to see where he is in 10 years

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
He hasn't been marketed as such here but I heard his music in a music store and found he is popular. Good on him! He writes his own songs and he can play a guitar.

agiam9

Reaction score
Never heard of him but he's pretty damn good, his lyrics are pretty awesome and I like the folk-ish sound he's got going. I can see the Bob Dylan influences but he sounds a lot like someone else I've listened to, I just can't put my finger on who it is.

Aero

Reaction score
I like this kid. His influences definitely show in his songs, Dylan especially. I'm surprised he's been marketed so heavily in the UK since his music is so different than the usual tripe on the airwaves.

Speaking of tripe, there is some boy band called One Direction who like his music but Jake doesn't care much for them and now this band is trying to start some Twitter war or something. He's very frank about how he feels about their kind of music and all the hoopla of the music biz. Here, listen for yourself...

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Interesting, usually Dylan goes with The Byrds, though in his case it's The Beatles, not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

AnnySi

Reaction score
I respect Jake Bugg. He is so young, but already so famous and popular!

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I listened to some of his stuff and he isn't bad, Like "Lightning Bolt" and maybe I will pick a copy of his album up:think:

Like this too

Two Fingers

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online