Jack White Bands: The White Stripes, The Raconteurs, The Dead Weather

Which Jack White Band Do You Most Prefer?

• Total voters

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I decided on the Raconteurs. I personally like the White Stripes' songs a bit more, and I'm also thoroughly impressed with what they were able to accomplish musicianship wise. But the Raconteurs have something basic and essential that The White Stripes lack: A bassist, a backup guitar, and, for god ****ing sake, a respectable drummer. Plus Jack White is still practically the star of the show anyways (with his screeching guitar solos and all that shit), while still allowing credit where it is due, to Brendan Benson and the rest.

I've said it before and I'll continue to say: Megan Martha White is the perfect drummer for The White Stripes. She is the pulse, the heartbeat of The White Stripes. With Jack's "screeching guitar solos and all that shit" it would be the sound of chaos if there was more complex drum parts. Meg's drumming is what keeps Jack's playing rooted to the song.

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Although I can't change the poll vote, I thought it would be proper to announce on the official day of their break up, that I change my vote to The White Stripes.

Blood Wake

hello fellow rockers!
Reaction score
Hehe, I knew this topic had to exist, I was going to create it if it didn't.

Raconteurs FTW

But I love every JW album

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I've only heard a couple of songs from WS or Rec that I could really listen to more than a couple of times, so I have no real feelings of one over the other. I dont' think I've heard anything from DW.

I know some people consider Jack to be some sort of 'genius'. I don't see it. "interesting"? yes, but that's about as far as I can go with it.

Blood Wake

hello fellow rockers!
Reaction score
You just need to hear more Lynch. Listen to some full albums and you'll start to get it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online