I've Been to London, Seen Seven Wonders...

The Rover

'Ol Timer
Reaction score
Hello,

I love great Rock Music, especially from the Gold Mine of the Late 60's, through most of the Seventies......

Most of what I really like to hear now, is -- not --unfortunately -- being played on local Radio with any regularity.....

We have two "Classic Rock" stations here in the Dallas area, and both do just what Corporate Conglomatre Classic Rock stations do...... (You know, the same two hundred songs, over and over again :( )

I remember when FM rock radio came out in the early 70's. They did what AM Top 40 did not. The played everything but the commercial hits. That FM radio will always be my first love.

If you have great Rock radio in your town, Be Glad ! !

Here's a short list of Bands that I --did not-- get to see, but would have liked to:

The Beatles

Pink Floyd

Janis Joplin

Jimi Hendrix

The Doors

Last edited:

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Hey Rover,
Good to have you aboard!
My home-town Classic Rock station (Rock 101-CMFI) tends to stick to one set list of songs but they suprise me once in a while, I find downloads on Lime-Wire so much better though I know theres some cool internet radio stations out there.
By the way, I saw a cool live clip of "The Rover" online once....it was from Seattle '77 and Page was playing the red Gibson Doubleneck....The band played a few bars of "Sick Again" and immediately went into "The Rover"- good version too, I think that '77 tour had some very cool improvations and other spots in it.

The Rover

'Ol Timer
Reaction score
Drummer Chris said:
Hey Rover,
Good to have you aboard!
My home-town Classic Rock station (Rock 101-CMFI) tends to stick to one set list of songs but they suprise me once in a while, I find downloads on Lime-Wire so much better though I know theres some cool internet radio stations out there.
By the way, I saw a cool live clip of "The Rover" online once....it was from Seattle '77 and Page was playing the red Gibson Doubleneck....The band played a few bars of "Sick Again" and immediately went into "The Rover"- good version too, I think that '77 tour had some very cool improvations and other spots in it.

Thanks,

I think the '77 Tour had Jimmy playing just a few bars of The Rover, and then playing Sick Again.... I wish it had been the other way 'round.

As to radio..... I will always want to be able to turn on the dial in my automobile and hear great Rock. I think that's my right as an American.

Corporate America sees that differently. The "free" public airwaves are for the primary use and benefit of corporate conglomerates that sell advertising. That leaves little room for all of the great Rock that I'd like to hear on a regular basis. They refer me to Ipods and Satellite Radio.
I prefer my first option. . . Great Music on local radio.... :clap:

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
Yeah, actually it was the other way around....my mistake and it would have been better the other way round because there are more live versions of Sick Again than the other one.
Otherwise, I think the days of great Rock radio are gone for the moment though I'm sure there's a few exceptions in Canada and the U.S.
This corporate attitude may just burn itself out in time......hopefully.

The Rover

'Ol Timer
Reaction score
Drummer Chris said:
Yeah, actually it was the other way around....my mistake and it would have been better the other way round because there are more live versions of Sick Again than the other one.
Otherwise, I think the days of great Rock radio are gone for the moment though I'm sure there's a few exceptions in Canada and the U.S.
This corporate attitude may just burn itself out in time......hopefully.

I don't know if Zeppelin ever played "The Rover" in full in any concert. But if you hear of one, please let me know . . .

I think it may reuqire Congressional intervention to readjust the horrible 1996 Telecom provisions that allowed these souless and greedy coporate conglomerates the authority to gobble up so many independent local stations. The dumb down all of the genres, and then have nevre to say that they are providing more variety. Whatever you call it.... it sucks....

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
greetings and welcome, dude. :D

i haven't seen scads of people live. i still have my '77 zep ticket from one of the concerts that was cancelled. sniff.

kath
oh, and i'm still pissed i haven't yet seen neil young.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Welcome to CRF. Hope you enjoy your time here. :)

And I'm also pissed about not seeing Neil Young yet.

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Welcome. I remember when radio was the only way to hear new rock music. Then we would spend all day Saturday at the record store and listen to everything they had and then buy one (78s, 45s, LPs). I remember having a repeat portable turntable and heaing Rock Around The Clock all day long. Sounds like preh-historic times, don't it LOL

annie

Last edited:

The Rover

'Ol Timer
Reaction score
annie said:
Welcome. I remember when radio was the only way to hear new rock music. Then we would spend all day Saturday at the record store and listen to everything they had and then buy one (78s, 45s, LPs). I remember having a repeat portable turntable and heaing Rock Around The Clock all day long. Sounds like preh-historic times, don't it LOL

annie

Actually..... As a younster, a child really.... "Rock Around The Clock" was the very first Rock'n'Roll song that I remember listening to from the Radio. I liked to right away. Just as I loved the sound of Les Paul and his beautiful insturmental, "Tiger Rag"....

I remember those occassions.... just like it was Yesterday... The Good Memories Live On ! ! !

My Fountain of Youth.... I'd Say :=-:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.