I've Been to London, Seen Seven Wonders...

runtfan

Reaction score
The Rover said:
We have two "Classic Rock" stations here in the Dallas area, and both do just what Corporate Conglomatre Classic Rock stations do...... (You know, the same two hundred songs, over and over again :( )

Yeah, I hear ya man. KZPS and The Bone are both pretty stale. I've given up on classic rock radio (actually, radio in general). You're right - they play the same bunch of songs and never stray from their relatively narrow playlist...boring.

The Rover

'Ol Timer
Reaction score
runtfan said:
Yeah, I hear ya man. KZPS and The Bone are both pretty stale. I've given up on classic rock radio (actually, radio in general). You're right - they play the same bunch of songs and never stray from their relatively narrow playlist...boring.

These stations, unfortunately are not interested in presenting a great selection of Rock music.

Their main focus is ratings. And the way they get those maximum ratings is by contests, give-aways, promotions, and by witty DJs (usually smart-elic DJs), and it is --not-- by plating a great selection of Rock music.

They use the same cookie-cutter formula on the other stations the parent conglomerate owns, as well as the same formula on other genres of music that the conglomerate owns.

They cross-seel as much advertising as possible, no matter how obnoxious the adds are. We're talking about appealing to the basest motives of the Masses. That, unfortunatley does --not-- involve a great selection of music. Just tired old hits, or the latest commercial tracks.
That's Top 40..... and I have --Never-- been a fan of Top 40. Just not interested. Never was---- NEVER will be.

I would actually prefer for KZPS and The Bone to just go away. I would rather hear nothing Rock related, than to hear the insult to the great body of Rock music that they heap upon us every single day !

Satellite radio does not get it for me either, because it is segmented. Perhaps satellite will find a way to play "groovy" songs from a very wide variety of artists on just one channel, for all of us who are well tired of what "Classic Rock" radio has forced down our throats for so many years....

I have no respect for those who would work for a Rock station that ran a narrow playlist. They do no service for me as a Rock music fan.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online