Italian Prog

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Don't forget a.o. La Maschera di Cera, Museo Rosenbach, Quella Vecchia Locanda and Semiramis with Dedicato a Frazz!! So many really good bands.

b.o.b.

Reaction score
Raccomandata con Ricevuta di Ritorno

RACCOMANDATA CON RICEVUTA DI RITORNO (often referred to as RRR) was another of the too numerous one shot bands in the glory days of Rock Progressiveo Italiano. The six musicians, all from Rome, came together in 1972 after playing in several other bands. Notably, Vocalist/guitarist Luciano Regoli played in IL RITRATTO DI DORIAN GRAY, and drummer Francesco Froggio Francica and flute/sax player Damaso Grassi played for a time in PANNA FREDDA. Besides recording their only album in 1972, RRR played in several festivals over the next two years, including the Villa Pamphili pop festival, before breaking up in 1973. Vocalist Regoli and guitarist Civitenga went on to help form SAMADHI. Drummer Francica played on the second album of PROCESSION and later in KALEIDON. The other members continued playing in jazz bands.

progarchives.com

They have a new album in 2010, Il Pittore Volante.

Fabio

Reaction score
Hello.
This is probably the most known italian prog band, one of the few that toured USA and Japan back in the seventies.
The name of the band is PREMIATA FORNERIA MARCONI
They were produced by EL & P and realesed by Manticore
Hope you like it.

Last edited:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
When I was younger, I had a friend who listened to a lot of Italian prog. He used to listen to bands like Premiata Forneria Marconi, Semiramis, Le Orme, etc a lot. My personal favourite was always Goblin! Of course, primarily thanks to their soundtracks to many classic Italian horror movies.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nice thread Fabio, I came way late to the Italian Prog Party but have quite a few albums now, I just don't have the time to really explore them as fully as I would like to.

Fabio

Reaction score
Nice thread Fabio, I came way late to the Italian Prog Party but have quite a few albums now, I just don't have the time to really explore them as fully as I would like to.

Thank you Lord Grendel.
I am sure you know Osanna, they were popular in the seventies and they were from Naples so I am very proud of them.
They reformed some years ago and imho they are still a very good band.
In this gig features David Jackson, ex Van del Graaf generator saxophonist: this gives you an idea of the respect they have among other musicians.
Hope you enoy it.

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
I love PFM :)

One of my favorites is Alta Loma Five til Nine

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member