Is the Who's "Live at Leeds" your favorite live album?

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
Live At Leeds was my first real introduction to the Who. Great hard rockin album, but my favorite live album is Ozzy and Randy Rhoads Tribute

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
I usually like expanded versions of old live albums. I love the four disc reissue of "The Last Waltz" and the two disc reissue of The Band's "Rock of Ages". On that one they added the Dylan tracks left off the original version. While we're at it, I also like the two disc "Live at Budokan - The Complete Concert" by Cheap Trick.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I do have the expanded remaster and it is good, I don't rate it as one of the best but it is good. I have all their albums, most of them are excellent some are a little weak IMO.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
My favourite 'live' albums are probably Springsteen 'Live in NYC'... Little Feat 'Waiting for Columbus'...Van Morrison 'A Night in San Francisco', and Lynyrd Skynyrd 'One from the Road'.

I never gave much thought to The Who's album, I definitely used to have it at college, but then there's a lot of stuff I used to have at college that probably got chucked or left behind when I left the UK to go and live in the USA, so I doubt I've heard it for 25 years.

rtbuck

Reaction score
Aaaaaargh! I'm having a heck of a time & have come to the conclusion that I will never be able to make a Top 10 Live album list. The best I could do is list my top 50 in no order & I can't cut it down anymore. My problem is I feel that for me, Kiss Alive, Alive II, & Unplugged deserve to be near the top but so does the Stones Love You Live, Get Yer Ya Ya's Out, Brussels Affair,& LA Friday (these last 2 are new official releases from their Official Rolling Stones archive store) & also there are 2 Lou Reed albums (Rock & Roll Animal & Take no Prisoners Live) along with the Alice Cooper Show & No More Mr. Niceguy Live but I can't leave off Ac/DC If You Want Blood, UFO Strangers in the Night, David Johansen - Live it Up, The Stooges Live at ATP 2010, & Metallic KO, Aerosmith - Live Bootleg, Ian Hunter - Welcome to the Club, Pat Travers - Live Go for What You Know, Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush - Live,Bowie Soundtrack for Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders from Mars Live....Etc Etc Etc blah blah blah...Oh & the 3 disc Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Concert is a must...Help!!! There's no Stopping this list!!!!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Nice to see you add Pat Travers "Go For What You Know" Bucky, that is a belter.:tup:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am like Bucky....really hard to nail down a #1 favorite.

some of the "bootlegs" that are floating around are pretty darn awesome, too ;)

rtbuck

Reaction score
I am like Bucky....really hard to nail down a #1 favorite.

some of the "bootlegs" that are floating around are pretty darn awesome, too ;)

Yes, there are which is why I'm glad the Stones began releasing them officially this year (3 so far).

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online