Is metal still a boys only club?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's cool when a girl likes classic metal. But if a girl was into death metal that'd kinda freak me out.

Heh then you wouldn't like Angela Gossow then, she has the best death vocals for a female.
Its good that females get into death metal too, I don't see why they shouldn't.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
My best friend in highschool was a girl metal head. Got me into all kinds of stuff like Dimmu Borgir, Opeth, Bloodbath, Children of Bodom, Cannibal Corpse...

Peter Norway

Reaction score
Heh then you wouldn't like Angela Gossow then, she has the best death vocals for a female.
Its good that females get into death metal too, I don't see why they shouldn't.

When guys sing metal all evil they scare me because they can probably beat me up on top of it. But I don't buy it from women singers because they can't beat me up at all.

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score
The female metal head is not something new. I considered myself a metal head back in high school and I had several female friends that were metal devotees. While my taste in music has ventured out, heavy metal still has a special place in my heart.

I think it's fantastic that women are making the foray into metal music. In fact I don't think there are enough women in rock and roll in general. So to see women front and or play in a metal band brings a huge smile to my face.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Having females singing in metal does the music industry a lot of good, should make people be more open minded.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
When guys sing metal all evil they scare me because they can probably beat me up on top of it. But I don't buy it from women singers because they can't beat me up at all.

But if the voice sounds good isn't that the most important thing? I'm sure there are plenty of scrawny little metal singers who have the most evil sounding voices. I know it's a different kind of metal entirely, but Ronnie Jams Dio was a little elf and he had the biggest, most monstrous voice in metal. :D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
But if the voice sounds good isn't that the most important thing? I'm sure there are plenty of scrawny little metal singers who have the most evil sounding voices. I know it's a different kind of metal entirely, but Ronnie Jams Dio was a little elf and he had the biggest, most monstrous voice in metal. :D

Looks aren't everything, its the vocals that do I agree :)

why?zag!

Reaction score
seriously - are they more boys than girls in metal ? :bonk:

was under the impression that it was the other way around :rolleyes:
(maybe it just has been so in the little metal world that i dwell in)

if you are a little open to and not just seeking out bands like the lovely arch enemy etc and look at metal irrespective of classification like gothic/folk etc there are so many endless haunting female voices that lay undiscovered by the mainstream fan (was one of those too untill i took the road less travelled :uh:)

these metallic ladies have the ability to slice your heart apart with their raw emotions. male bands too do that but to me they are comparatively rare, the ones that do.
check out this link if you want a basic idea of how many lovely ladies are waiting to be heard : List of women in heavy music

btw the essence of folk metal imho has always been the female voice....
:flirt

check out a few, i'm sure you will be glad you did : (so many bands :wa)

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online