Iron Maiden to Cover Paul Di’Anno’s Surgery Costs

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
1b.jpg

Iron Maiden arranged to cover former singer Paul Di’Anno’s medical expenses, bringing an 18-month fan fundraiser to an end.
Di’Anno previously reported he urgently needed knee surgery, which had since been scheduled for July 5. The fundraiser began in January 2021 and had raised around $15,000 – just over half the target – until organizers announced its closure.

The development comes after Di’Anno attended a Maiden concert in Croatia last month and reconnected with bassist Steve Harris. The wheelchair-bound singer had just played his first show in six years. He had been living in Croatia for some time, where friends helped with his daily needs.
“I am very excited to announce that the Iron Maiden team have kindly agreed to cover the remaining cost of Paul Di'Annio's operation,” said Kastro Pergjoni, one of the organizers and owner of the Cart and Horses pub in London, where Maiden player their earliest shows.
His Facebook post noted that "not only are Iron Maiden the best band on this planet, they are kindhearted and supported by an amazing team. As a result of this fantastic news, I will be closing the fundraising on June 21. I would like to express my huge thanks to everyone that has donated; you all made a difference and made this happen for Paul.”
Pergjoni said it had been a “tremendous journey” with a “never-ending list” of supporters, noting the efforts of Di’Anno’s daily assistants Stjepan and Violeta Juras. "I’d like to thank Paul for placing so much trust in me even though we've had our differences," he said. "Sorry, Paul, all my decisions were based in the best interest for your health.
“The one thing I have learned from this experience is that the Maiden family is truly special and I pride myself in being a part of this.”
Speaking soon after he spent a short time with Harris and Maiden manager Rod Smallwood, Di’Anno said, "Last weekend was absolutely amazing … we actually hadn’t met for a long time. And it was brilliant because I met up with Steve’s sister Linda first, whom I hadn’t seen in about 30 years. And then Steve was amazing, and then Rod as well – it’s made my whole year, actually. It was fantastic. It was pretty awesome."

Read More: Iron Maiden to Cover Paul Di'Anno's Surgery Costs | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/iro...rgery/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

APageMark

Reaction score
I don’t listen to Maiden much these days, but I find myself gravitating to the Paul days when I do.

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
Personally I believe that the two 'Maiden' albums done with Paul are their best albums and I liked the opposites in the band during 1980-81 with Paul coming from punk and wearing his hair shorter and also wearing black leather in contrast to Steve and Dave in particular with those two coming from early 70s rock and wearing long hair and also wearing denim jackets and bullet belts plus I prefer Paul's vocals compared to Bruce's screams!. I found with every album after The Number of the Beast they sounded the same as the previous album.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
The same could be said for the first two albums.

They both sound exactly the same.

I'm not dumping on them, they're good albums. I'm just saying, if everything from Number of the Beast on sounds the same to some people, so do the two with Paul on vocals.

You could interchange the songs on those two albums and still have two albums that pretty much sound the same.

As far as Bruce's screams, yeah, he can scream pretty good, but he's always in key and has a far greater range.

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
Bruce is or was a Ian Gillan clone vocally but I thought Bruce was ok when he was fronting Samson the NWOBHM band around 1979-81 before he joined Iron Maiden. In Paul Di Anno's book The Beast (published in the early 2000s) Paul claims that he gets rock musician's coming up to him all the time and telling him that the first two 'Maiden' albums that Paul sang on are the best of the lot which Paul says gives him great satisfaction to hear.

To my ears all 'Maiden' albums from the Number of the Beast onwards until the present day all sound the same. The 'Maiden' trademark style of song writing is the song starts off slowly and then speeds up into the famous 'Maiden gallop' and then it slows down again and then it maybe speeds up again towards the ending?. It all gets rather boring to be honest.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online