Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
My top Maiden albums list has remained pretty constant/consistent over the years.

1) Number of the Beast
2) Piece of Mind
3) Seventh Son
4) Powerslave
5) Killers

Honorable mention: Brave New World as well as A Matter of Life and Death.

BNW was a great return to the band for both Bruce and Adrian, especially after the incredibly blasé albums with Blaze. Matter of Life and Death just works for me. I don't LOVE it like the classic 80's albums, but it's pretty damn decent.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
This is a pretty cool disection of Hallowed Be Thy Name by a couple of guys that supposedly had never heard the song before. The vid is about 17m long, but it's because they are speaking about what they are hearing as they hear it. Reading the lyrics as the song goes along.

Anyway, they have done this with a number of other songs as well . Interesting or maybe just entertaining... you decide

RadRobX

What the **** did I post now?
Reaction score
I can't go here..you people are way pro for me.

I can post my favorite tune...........

with a little bump from eva Green...

:whip:

E-Z

Reaction score
The only two albums that I ever listen to and also like a lot are Iron Maiden & Killers with both albums featuring all their best songs on both albums along with Paul Di Anno on lead vocals who's voice has a more urgent punk delivery that I like.

As for Number Of The Beast it's overrated as far as I'm concerned plus I never really liked Bruce Dickenson's operatic vocals and as for the rest of their albums they don't do anything for me dudes.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My 5 favourite Maiden albums in order. Killers used to be no. 1 but that's since changed over time.
1. Powerslave
2. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
3. Brave New World
4. Killers
5. The X Factor

E-Z

Reaction score
Iron Maiden?. Steve we have the same birthday my old son but you are one year older than me.

I wasn't in at the beginning (1975-79) but I remember the 'street buzz' around them as part of the NWOBHM movement back in 1979-81 in London and I even bought a copy of the Sanctuary 45rpm vinyl single and the vinyl album Killers in 1981.

Who am I?. A north London 'cockney' and a Paul Di Anno fan "Up the Gunners!!.".

I would like to meet Paul AKA The Beast and I don't say that about many 'Rock Legends' in Rock/Metal.

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
The first and second Maiden albums have all the best songs on them. According to Paul Di Anno in his book The Beast a number of 'named musicians' have told Paul that the first two Maiden albums were the best which Paul claimed made him feel good to know.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My top Maiden albums list has remained pretty constant/consistent over the years.

1) Number of the Beast
2) Piece of Mind
3) Seventh Son
4) Powerslave
5) Killers

Honorable mention: Brave New World as well as A Matter of Life and Death.

BNW was a great return to the band for both Bruce and Adrian, especially after the incredibly blasé albums with Blaze. Matter of Life and Death just works for me. I don't LOVE it like the classic 80's albums, but it's pretty damn decent.
Brave New World has some of their most brilliantly written material. Lots of that era was pretty good especially A Matter of Life and Death.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka