Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

E-Z

Reaction score
From a vague memory the most memorable song off VIRTUAL XI is THE CLANSMAN and from a vague memory that isn't a bad song although as for both of the 'Blaze albums' I only ever played them both right through from start to finish a couple of times each and that was it!!.

E-Z (A Paul Di'Anno fan).

E-Z

Reaction score
I managed to pick up by chance a first generation cd pressing of the KILLERS album yesterday (22/11/17) for £3 in Berwick street in London's west end.

E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
25/11/17 Bruce is appearing on BBC radio 4s 'Saturday Morning Live' programme between 09:00-10:30 (London time).

The radio programme is a light hearted show with invited guests, The shows guests usually hang around the studio for the whole of the programme.

E-Z

Porch Monkey

Reaction score
I liked Iron Maiden back in the early days circa 1979-81 when they along with Samson, Angel Witch, Saxon & Praying Mantas were part of the NWOBHM movement here in the UK with Paul Di'Anno as there front man vocalist when they use to play the Ruskin Arms in East Ham, the Bridgehouse in Canning Town and another pub in Stratford all three venues being in East London. I had the first 2 vinyl albums Iron Maiden & Killers plus the vinyl single Sanctuary which I liked but I rarely listening to them anymore these days although I did listen to there Brave New World album back in the early 2000s and thought it was ok.

I have a number of Paul Di'Anno cds a couple of which are of Paul re-recording songs off the first two Iron Maiden albums which sound very good.

E-Z

Same here. (I remember Angel Witch!) I used to go to the rock nights at the Ruskin, but I missed Maiden playing there by a couple of years (I only moved away from London in about 2012-ish). I still haven't been able to get past the NotB album, and prefer the Di'Anno days, although Hallowed Be Thy Name is a great track imo. The Sanctuary single had Drifter and another track I can't remember the name of on the B side? Live recordings?

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Speaking of Iron Maiden...

I finally got my Iron Maiden 8-Track tape in yesterday's mail which finally fulfills my commitment with Columbia House. :)

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Same here. (I remember Angel Witch!) I used to go to the rock nights at the Ruskin, but I missed Maiden playing there by a couple of years (I only moved away from London in about 2012-ish). I still haven't been able to get past the NotB album, and prefer the Di'Anno days, although Hallowed Be Thy Name is a great track imo. The Sanctuary single had Drifter and another track I can't remember the name of on the B side? Live recordings?

The 12" single of Sanctuary had I've Got The Fire (live) with Drifter on the B Side.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I knew it had "fire" in the title!
Has that track ever been re-released anywhere since, do you know?

I bought the 1995 Castle re-releases (first 9 studio albums and Live After Death). They all had a 2nd CD with B-sides (not 100% sure if all the B-sides were there, but pretty sure they were). One of them had Maiden Japan as the 2nd CD.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't another release of some sort with the B-sides.

Porch Monkey

Reaction score
So if I've got the first two albums, and if I had that "Into the fire" track, would I have everything released with Di'Anno in the way of actual songs, rather than different recordings of the same songs? ("Sanctuary" I have).
Just wondering if they trawled through unreleased stuff at any time and put it out.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Unreleased tracks is another thing. I haven't heard of any from that period, but that doesn't mean they aren't out there.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online