Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm thinking I'll start either at the beginning or with Bruce Dickinson's debut, the classic, The Number Of The Beast. :D
Beginning for sure. NOTB is alright and a classic to many but the self titled and Killers are great.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Yeah, start w Paul go right along until you get to Blaze...skip those two ...instead pick up Bruces solo albums...and jump back on Maiden when Bruce returned. :heheh:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
^^ If you want to go chronically, then that is the way to go! However, I think it is a bit much to ask a man to go through the whole, or a big chunk of, the back catalogue, right from the get go. :heheh: Personally, I'd recommend starting with one/some of the pre-split album(s) with Bruce - you can't go wrong with any of them. Or check out a compilation like "Edward the Great" for a quick fix of some of their best known songs - although on that one you miss out on masterpieces like "Rime of the Ancient Mariner", "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" etc.! Once you get comfortable with the band, you can start exploring other albums, like the two with Paul, the two with Blaze (I actually like them!) and of course Bruce’s solo stuff – some of which is equally as good as Maiden!

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
@ Sharp Dressed Man...I love Dickenson's solo stuff. Especially the last three ...amazing. And that is a pretty large discography haha. I've been on board since NOTB so I have had decades to familiarize myself with them all .....kind of a lot to expect a guy to grab em all and be up to par by next week lol

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
^^ If you want to go chronically, then that is the way to go! However, I think it is a bit much to ask a man to go through the whole, or a big chunk of, the back catalogue, right from the get go. :heheh: Personally, I'd recommend starting with one/some of the pre-split album(s) with Bruce - you can't go wrong with any of them. Or check out a compilation like "Edward the Great" for a quick fix of some of their best known songs - although on that one you miss out on masterpieces like "Rime of the Ancient Mariner", "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" etc.! Once you get comfortable with the band, you can start exploring other albums, like the two with Paul, the two with Blaze (I actually like them!) and of course Bruce’s solo stuff – some of which is equally as good as Maiden!

No no, you have to listen to everything...and don't forget the B-Sides :heheh:

I mean, their version of Cross Eyed Mary is essential.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online