Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
32 years ago today:

November 15, 1981: New IRON MAIDEN singer, Bruce Dickinson, is introduced to UK audiences at the Rainbow.

It was a great day.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
OK....someone help me with this....

Go into Maiden all metal and stufffff....and come out big and bald

Paul and Blaze in a touching duet :wtf:

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
Jesus i played powerslave yesterday.Aint heard it for ages.What a monster .

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I feel like sharing my thoughts about Maiden.
smile.gif

I think the first Iron Maiden song I heard was probably thru' a friend... either Number of the Beast or Can I Play With Madness, not sure... probably the latter. And then I checked out the Best of the Beast collection and thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish!

Around the year 2000 or so I was still in a very hard rock and heavy metal sort of mood, so I went out and got the new album, Brave New World sometime that year I think. It's a good album and I still enjoy listening to it but it has its flaws, namely too much repetition in the choruses and some cheesy lyrics here and there. But I don't enjoy their music for lyrical quality anyway, so whatever.

Then as the 00s decade progressed I started posting regularly at a U2 forum and slowly lost interest with much of heavy metal except for maybe Metallica. I think at this point I started dismissing Iron Maiden as silly 80s music with cheesy lyrics.

Now all of a sudden I'm finding my interest in Iron Maiden being rekindled. I dusted off my old Best Of The Beast and Brave New World CDs and have been giving them repeated spins over the last few weeks! These albums ****ing rock! I've missed this band. If I ever get time to do it, I need to further explore their classic albums. :headbang

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I'm thinking I'll start either at the beginning or with Bruce Dickinson's debut, the classic, The Number Of The Beast. :D

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I feel like sharing my thoughts about Maiden.
smile.gif

But I don't enjoy their music for lyrical quality anyway, so whatever.

Really? wow, that's one of the things I've always thought a Maiden strength. The Dickinson era, anyway. The historical references, mythology, and of course, Mariner, always set those cats higher on the list than most.

Flash Of The Blade...

'As a young boy chasing dragons with your wooden sword so mighty
You're St. George or you're David and you always killed the beast
Times change very quickly, and you had to grow up early
A house in smoking ruins and the bodies at your feet'

...beats all hell out of Running Free...

Just sixteen a pickup truck
Out of money and out of luck
I've got no place to call my own
Hit the gas and here I go

Heck, those could be lyrics from a Poison song:gig:gig

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Really? wow, that's one of the things I've always thought a Maiden strength. The Dickinson era, anyway. The historical references, mythology, and of course, Mariner, always set those cats higher on the list than most.

Well... I find a lot of their lyrics to be cheesy. :peek But yeah I do agree with you too that the historical and mythological lyrics kick ass!

But the greatest high I get from Maiden is from their double (or triple?) guitar attack and the high speed percussion! :hb:

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Triple guitars since 1999, though I don't know if that comes through in the studio work as much as it does live.

If you're enjoying Maiden, I'd recommend Bruce's solo albums Accident Of Birth & Chemical Wedding. Both have Adrian on guitar, though they are quite different from Maiden.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.