Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

E-Z

Reaction score
Yeah the METAL FOR MUTHA'S album was good a 2nd volume came out after.

Like i posted about DEEP PURPLE i always prefer IRON MAIDEN of the 1980-81 era when the NWOBHM phenomenon was sweeping the land (the UK) rather then wot came later but thats just my opinion a lot of IRON MAIDEN fan's like a lot of there more recent albums since the 1990s to the present day.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Yeah, of course it's all opinion. But what better place to discuss opinions than the internet? I find that the majority of Maiden fans I have ever met who prefer the Dickenson stuff are those who had that as the introduction to the band. I'm not surprised they would find the DiAnno stuff a little strange since the two eras are so remarkably different.
I've never tried to say DiAnno is a technically better singer just that he fit the band much more than Dickenson (in my opinion of course).

E-Z

Reaction score
Yeah i agree with you Khor1255 most younger rock fan's prefer the Dickenson era IRON MAIDEN which i guess is understandable and thats fine.

Anyway i'll ALWAYS prefer the 1980-81 era IRON MAIDEN but it's a pity that it didn't last a year or two longer with Paul fronting them but it wasn't to be still we got those two albums out of them IRON MAIDEN & KILLERS my favourite IRON MAIDEN albums. :grinthumb

Khor1255

Reaction score
I always thought it might have had something to do with performances like what was recorded in Maiden Japan. I never saw them live until after Dickenson was in the band but heard they were dynamite live. That album apparently chronicles a bad night or a series of bad nights and most of the blame can be leveled squarely at DiAnno.

But people I know with almost identical tastes to mine have always said DiAnno Maiden live was fantastic. So I'm assuming (and have seen with my own eyes the stuff from Live After Death) that Maiden Japan was the exception in terms of quality.

By the way, do you know if there are any full length concert videos or albums with DiAnno other than Maiden Japan?

E-Z

Reaction score
I've got a dvd called IRON MAIDEN THE EARLY YEARS (i think it's called that?) that features a Paul Di Anno lead IRON MAIDEN playing the Rainbow (old 1930s cinema in north London) in 1981 on the KILLERS tour in colour which runs for about 45 minutes (i think?) also theres some hand-held b/w film footage shot in the back of the Ruskin Arms pub in east London in 1980 with the band playing on a small stage to a very packed house!!.

Theres probably more material about that hardcore MAIDEN fan's will know about. Also in the last year the SOUND HOUSE TAPES cd has appeared in a back street record shop in London's west end on a number of occasions, of course i bought a copy.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah EZ in no way am I disagreeing with you that Paul had a punk background, but aside from the swagger and shorter hair, he had a metal or rock voice to me.

Also I never seen him dress punk. You say he had a contrast to the other guy's denim and bullet belts. That confuses me, cause I've always seen Paul in gauntlets, denim, leather, spiked belts...ect.

:grinthumb

E-Z

Reaction score
Yeah i'm not disagreeing with your observations METALPRIEST only Paul himself has said in a dvd interview that he was always into punk more then heavy rock/metal, he actually claims that his favourite punk band was the EXPLOITED. :D

b.o.b.

Reaction score
Some news:

PRIMAL ROCK REBELLION is the new studio project of Adrian Smith with former SikTh front-man Mikee Goodman (I've never heard of him before :D).
Their debut album, 'Awoken Broken', will be released on 27th February 2012 through Spinefarm Records

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicdude420

Staff online

Members online