IRON MAIDEN Announces 17th Studio Album, 'Senjutsu'

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
BMG will release IRON MAIDEN's 17th studio album, "Senjutsu", the band's first in six years, on September 3. It was recorded in Paris with longstanding producer Kevin Shirley and co-produced by Steve Harris. It was preceded on Thursday, July 15 by an already highly acclaimed animated video for the first single "The Writing On The Wall" made by BlinkInk based on a concept by singer Bruce Dickinson with two former Pixar executives. It followed a month-long teaser campaign and global "treasure hunt" for clues about the track title and concept.

For "Senjutsu" — loosely translated as "tactics and strategy" — the band once again enlisted the services of Mark Wilkinson to create the spectacular Samurai themed cover artwork, based on an idea by bassist Steve Harris. With a running time of a little under 82 minutes, "Senjutsu", like their previous record "The Book Of Souls", will be a double CD/Triple vinyl album.

The full track listing is:

01. Senjutsu (8:20) (Smith/Harris)
02. Stratego (4:59) (Gers/Harris)
03. The Writing On The Wall (6:13) (Smith/Dickinson)
04. Lost In A Lost World (9:31) (Harris)

05. Days Of Future Past (4:03) (Smith/Dickinson)
06. The Time Machine (7:09) (Gers/Harris)
07. Darkest Hour (7:20) (Smith/Dickinson)
08. Death Of The Celts (10:20) (Harris)
09. The Parchment (12:39) (Harris)
10. **** On Earth (11:19) (Harris)

"Senjutsu" will be released on the following formats and available to pre-order/pre-save from Wednesday, July 21 at www.ironmaiden.com:

* Standard 2CD Digipak
* Deluxe 2CD Book Format
* Deluxe heavyweight 180G Triple Black Vinyl
* Special Edition Triple Silver And Black Marble Vinyl (Details to follow)
* Special Edition Triple Red and Black Marble Vinyl (Details to follow)
* Super Deluxe Boxset featuring CD, Blu Ray and Exclusive Memorabilia
* Digital album [streaming and download]

ironmaidensenjutsu.jpg

E6qUTagWEAA5iwO.jpg

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
With Smith and Dickinson co-writing the first single The Writing On The Wall, I can understand the bluesier feel of the song considering Adrian's other recent project(s).

E-Z

Reaction score
Bring back Paul Di Anno, he maybe in a wheelchair these days but he can still (just about) 'sing' the words to Sanctuary!!.

Another 'Maiden' album that is BIG NEWS that's gonna be another BIG PAYDAY for Harry and the boyz...

E-Z

Reaction score
I think the album cover is actually quite eye catching this time around even though it's yet another deviation of the Eddie character for the umpteenth time since 1980 and as for the music inside I haven't heard any of it but I can guess what it sounds like.

E-Z

Reaction score
Musically even better. For me their best since Brave New World. Love both the bluesier sounding tracks and the lengthy, prog driven ones.
Your post makes me curious Riff so I think I shall buy a copy of the regular cd tomorrow Monday and check it out?. The 'Maiden boyz' sounding 'bluesier' um interesting?.

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
Musically even better. For me their best since Brave New World. Love both the bluesier sounding tracks and the lengthy, prog driven ones.

The Time Machine reminds me a little bit of the Killers era in places (or their cover of Space Station #5). Def an early Maiden vibe.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online