Introduction Thread!!

A

Anna Bella

Kippis to all here. I grew up listening to what is now called classic rock. My favorite band has always been Hanoi Rocks but I also like T-Rex, Misfits, Sex Pistols, Damed, Bowie, Cooper, Led Zeppelin, Nazereth, CCR, Stones and too many more to name. Hope to talk to everyone here and have good time.

angshu

Reaction score
howdy, anna bella.
glad to see you here. i quite like the pistols and the damned.
the stones, bowie and zep are close to my favourite all time artists.
hoping to have some fun banter around here!

willg54

Reaction score
Old, but still rockin' . . .

Hi All, used to come here a while back, but everything has changed now. I'm all confused! Anyway, I'm old, and over the years, I've learned to like a little bit of every kind of music. I love hearing new stuff in all different genres. Not to offend anyone, but I'm not a big fan of Rap, especially the kind that disrespects women. Anyway, my first concert was at age twelve, 1966, Stanford University Amphitheatre, Carlos Santana. My favorite concert, Jimi Hendrix, summer of 1970, Dallas Memorial Auditorium. My last concert, 2003, Denver, at Fiddler's Green, Steeley Dan. Haven't been to another concert since then. Just real busy now that I have bought my first house ever (a REAL fixer-upper.) Well, hope this place does well. I'll try to stop in once in a while and add some words of wisdom. Maybe I can become known as the grandfather of the rock forum. Ha ha . . . .

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
willg54 said:
My favorite concert, Jimi Hendrix, summer of 1970, Dallas Memorial Auditorium.

Well, you just got to rub salt in the wound don't you. I'd love to have been able to see Hendrix. That must've been Band of Gypsy's right?

You got 15 years on me. I'm a big Deep Purple fan (seen them about 5 times now from '85-'04). Did you get to see them in the 70's?

willg54

Reaction score
mmmm . . . .Band of Gypsys . . .could have been, I really don't remember. It's been 35 years .. .all I really remember was sitting 5 rows back, center stage, watching Jimi burn his guitar . . .I was in heaven . . .seems like it was just a dream . . .ya know, some people make fun of us old folks, but as you well know, oldness can really have its advantages, like the memory of Hendrix that I will carry to may grave . . .

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
hello.

my name is kath.

i had to come just to see sneelock's sex change.

can i say that... sex change? wouldn't wanna offend anybody who couldn't afford a sex change and is feeling pretty damn bitter about it.

i also see spike and angshu, folk whom i'll assume remain content with their own gender issues.

kath
one question, martha~~why not dolly madison? of course, she didn't discover ice cream, did she?

p.s. i'm not sure about this whole "junior member" thingie. i've never belonged to a junior in my life.

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
hi kath!
[my uncanny Joe Pesci Impersonation]
Dolly Madison? Dolly f*%#@ng Madison?
what am I to you, a snack cake???
[/uncanny Joe Pesci Impersonation]

Telecat, I'm an oldster who did NOT get the chance to see DP. I DID see some pay per view or some such they did when they headlined "California Jam" and it was awesome. I guess Blackmore threw a major temper tantrum or something but it all translated as showmanship as far as I was concerned. So, no concert experiences but Richie Blackmore throwing a snit-fit was DAMNED good television!!!

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
Shaggy said:
That is one trippy avatar!!

thanks. (i think. :p ) it used to pulsate in weird, mescalinny ways when i first found it, but i broke it somehow...

kath
...perhaps it's just a metaphor for my brain.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.