Inside Out

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
Heh, yes, I started a thread based on A song... I checked out some of their material and X-Y-Z, the band whom recorded the out-of-print eponymous release that "Inside Out" appears on, just had no other decent tracks. A shocking thing to me, given they were essentially 100% backed by Dokken and even toured with Enuff Z'Nuff. Fortunately somehow, this single managed to be thoroughly addicting. Certainly the definition of a one-hit wonder but I was just so impressed by the guitar work by Mark Diglio (very Nuno Bettencourtish) and frontman Terry Ilous channels a hint of early Robert Plant or his vocal clone (heh) Lenny Wolf, and maybe to a certain extent Great White's Jack Russell.

Watch out for that audio (super loud, distorts lots). Amazon MP3 finally has this single by the way... I bought it as soon as I could find it! :grinthumb Isn't that solo amazing? Not as melodic as Vito Bratta's solo in "Wait" by White Lion, but it is still an absolutely dazzling performance nonetheless!

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Great song! I actually like the demo version better except for the guitar solo and the chorus, but they're both excellent!

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score
I heard the demo version and wasn't impressed but I could see how an A&R guy could listen to that and go, "we need to sign these guys, and then re-do that track," heh.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online