Iggy Pop (Official Thread)

mrJim

Reaction score
I had to dig up this awesome thread. And I think I may be able to add a little to the story.

The day was Last Saturday and my son and I were driving for 2 hours from Columbia South Carolina to Greenville SC to go to a Car Show and just generally hang out together.

During the whole 2 hour drive we talk about music and I tell him some of the strange reasons I have bought albums over the years and stories about some of concerts I have seen.

I tell him about one of the greatest concerts I have ever seen… Iggy Pop in a new Gym in early 1990. The people were crammed in and pushing towards the stage to the point that my friend and I could hardly breathe. Where everyone was pushing and shoving to get to the front but I was right there with my friend when Iggy came out on stage in a red white and blue leather jacket. It was the most amazing thing I have seen in my life and I remember like it happened yesterday. I still can’t believe how it was so mesmerizing.

I tell him about how a girl was screaming in my ear and climbing up my back on top my head, scratching my face to point where I had to just pick her up and throw her to the ground to keep her off me. Simply the greatest experience ever!

My son laughs and just looks at me in amazement and says: no way! I tell him: Absolutely true. My friends and I went to other great shows like when we seen the Ramones and another band he knows I still listen to today the Forgotten Rebels.

A week later my son still thinks I was pumping that story up for entertainment value. I told him that the story was so good I couldn’t have made it up.

So 1 Google search 20 minutes ago and I find this thread and I am pretty sure that I found my friend that I have not seen in a very very long time.

Buck if you are still here do you remember the T-Shirt I bought at that concert? I still have that T-Shirt to this day.

Jim
:woot:

Last edited:

Nora

Reaction score
Iggy Pop Attends 'El Hormiguero' TV Show on May 13, 2013 in Madrid, Spain

It was a very funny interview and he speaks Spanish very well!

At the minute 3:32, Iggy starts to sing in Spanish! :oyea:

Last edited by a moderator:

rtbuck

Reaction score
I had to dig up this awesome thread. And I think I may be able to add a little to the story.

The day was Last Saturday and my son and I were driving for 2 hours from Columbia South Carolina to Greenville SC to go to a Car Show and just generally hang out together.

During the whole 2 hour drive we talk about music and I tell him some of the strange reasons I have bought albums over the years and stories about some of concerts I have seen.

I tell him about one of the greatest concerts I have ever seen… Iggy Pop in a new Gym in early 1990. The people were crammed in and pushing towards the stage to the point that my friend and I could hardly breathe. Where everyone was pushing and shoving to get to the front but I was right there with my friend when Iggy came out on stage in a red white and blue leather jacket. It was the most amazing thing I have seen in my life and I remember like it happened yesterday. I still can’t believe how it was so mesmerizing.

I tell him about how a girl was screaming in my ear and climbing up my back on top my head, scratching my face to point where I had to just pick her up and throw her to the ground to keep her off me. Simply the greatest experience ever!

My son laughs and just looks at me in amazement and says: no way! I tell him: Absolutely true. My friends and I went to other great shows like when we seen the Ramones and another band he knows I still listen to today the Forgotten Rebels.

A week later my son still thinks I was pumping that story up for entertainment value. I told him that the story was so good I couldn’t have made it up.

So 1 Google search 20 minutes ago and I find this thread and I am pretty sure that I found my friend that I have not seen in a very very long time.

Buck if you are still here do you remember the T-Shirt I bought at that concert? I still have that T-Shirt to this day.

Jim
:woot:

Wow... that was a wild time. Your son has to be in shock after this story and it's all true(my original post here checks that out). Was your Iggy shirt the Brick by Brick cover? I just remember you saying "We have to move to the back before we get in trouble" It was so crazy but seeing Iggy was unreal!

mrJim

Reaction score
Wow... that was a wild time. Your son has to be in shock after this story and it's all true(my original post here checks that out). Was your Iggy shirt the Brick by Brick cover? I just remember you saying "We have to move to the back before we get in trouble" It was so crazy but seeing Iggy was unreal!
The shirt does have the brick by brick cover, it from that tour but its basically black and white with outlines of the cartoonish charectors on the album art. it alway got great comments when I wore it at the continental :****:

Iggy is a God!

mrJim

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the shirt... I was going to get it out and snap one myself but I just did a crazy search on the web and there is was. Seems it may be rare or something.

Ponyboy_Curtis_42131373744605.jpg

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Another thread I haven't seen in a while. I gave you a website and discog there and made it official for ya bucky. I think we have another thread as well for Iggy and the Stooges...that may be official as well

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

rtbuck

Reaction score
Great MP, there should be 2 threads and Jim I remember that shirt now & it still looks awesome! Mine bit the dust a few years back (I just bought a black shirt w/ the Brick by Brick cover).

Here's a couple more things...Back when my wife & I were dating I bought a video tape of Iggy in Paris 1991 & I went to her house to watch it(her parents weren't home). Anyway, I think it was during My Baby Wants to Rock n Roll but Iggy was playing guitar & singing & he decided to unbutton his jeans. Before long they were around his ankles but he still had his guitar in front of him. My then fiance laughed & then all of a sudden Iggy lifts up his guitar & everything was showing! It shocked the heck out of her!

Back around 1993 or so I was at a local record store & came across an ep single by Iggy for his new single "Beside You". I bought it because it had an electric & acoustic version of the song and because it had a live version of "Louie Louie". There was another song I had never heard of titled "Les Amants". I got home put on this Les Amants tune & it was this happy French roller skating type tune with a female singing in French. I was thinking this is not what I expected & then all of Iggy begins talking over the track in his low bass crooning voice saying some of the most perverted disgusting things you could imagine! It is on YouTube if you search Les Amants Iggy Pop but I would never post it here because of its content. It probably would really offend some people

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online