i feel a bit let down

foreverblue

Reaction score
i bought led zeps" song remains the same" on vinyl back in 87 and it had about 4 pages or so colour photos in it. i finally bought the cd last year and the cd booklet doesn't have the photo's
is it an australian release thing.. oe do all international releases of the cd omit those cool photo's?

and has anybody had any similar problems when switching from cd to vinyl

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Can't say for sure Foreverblue, one thing is certain many classic albums released on CD come with minimum inserts, due to the space limitations no doubt. You would think Zeppelin would have the full package though seeing their status.

Have to let the other fans sound off about that oversight, my copy came with a small booklet but nothing like the vinyl edition years ago.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I bought the 2007 remastered SRTS double cd with a full gatefold cover....two discs on opposite ends and the booklet is in the middle.

The booklet has all the original photos and additional ones added.

The only problem was the sound and some patterns of the songs seemed different...found out later through an online review that the recordings are from the movie and not the original album. So you can't win for trying.

:heheh:

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
yeah when i usually buy a jewel case album i usually get minimal inserts. just a small booklet with people who contributed and so forth

but usually if i get a digipak kinda album then inserts become more abundant

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I truly believe that all of us collectors miss the amazing extras/cover art of the old vinyl gatefold album era. CD's have their advantages of course, but I used to love just picking up my old albums and looking at them, read all the liner notes, the special inserts as well. Now I can barely read the text on the jewel cases it's so small.

foreverblue

Reaction score
I truly believe that all of us collectors miss the amazing extras/cover art of the old vinyl gatefold album era. CD's have their advantages of course, but I used to love just picking up my old albums and looking at them, read all the liner notes, the special inserts as well. Now I can barely read the text on the jewel cases it's so small.

thank god they have the swansong angel on the actual cd. a big coloured one that keeps in with tradition

although i did own a copy of coda that had the atlantic label [instead of swansong] that was strange

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online