Hydrogyn

Mr. T

Reaction score
2usy2cl.jpg

jsdpag.jpg

n6rxg3.jpg

In January 2004, West Virginia guitarists Jeff Westlake and Jeff Boggs began work on a new experiment – a compelling modern heavy rock tour de force like no other on the scene – an outfit designed to destroy musical and industry barriers. Fortified with cutting edge riffs, intelligent lyrics and massive hooks delivered by Julie Westlake (just “Julie”), a stunning front lady with a multi-octave range, the result is a formula set to conquer everything from Alternative Rock to Modern Hard Rock to Timeless Metal without sacrificing credibility.

Their first album, Bombshell, was produced by none other than Michael Wagener ( Ozzy Osbourne, Skid Row, Alice Cooper) and dropped in 2006.

2irx0r5.jpg

Vesper's Song

Blind

Mutilated Mind

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Cool stuff....the retro end of it has like a Betsy Bitch feel to it.

This band went under my radar. Thanks for the thread! :grinthumb

Mr. T

Reaction score
Cool stuff....the retro end of it has like a Betsy Bitch feel to it.

This band went under my radar. Thanks for the thread! :grinthumb

They have been under a lot of people's radar I think MP. Damn shame too. :D

From the very start of their second disc, 2008's Deadly Passions, one gets the sense that Hydrogyn are very intent on laying down the gauntlet and just kicking everyone's butt! The first track, Rejection is fueled with intensity and fire and from here on the CD just cranks it all the way up to 11 and takes the listener to a place where few bands are capable of going. Every nuance of this CD is just freaking mind blowing! I honestly believe that this CD deserves to be hailed in a league all its own. That is just how great Deadly Passions is.

x59sfp.jpg

On And On

Over U

Candles Light Your Face

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I'm downloading Deadly Passions at the moment to get a feel for the band. So, once I give it a listen, i'll be sure to give my feedback.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Never heard of them before either...and I am usually on top of metal bands with lead singers as....talented as Julie.:heybaby:

Nice thread TUNEZ as usual.:hab:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Move over Doro, Julie Westlake is moving into the neighborhood! :heheh:

Damn, can Julie sing. Great stuff, Tunez. I heard some promo stuff on our local radio station about this band last year when their last album came out (Judgement). For some reason, I was thinking they originated in Ashland, Kentucky which is about 9 miles from Huntington, West Virginia.

It is rare to see this kind of hard rocking band come from Kentucky......or West Virginia for that matter :D

Mr. T

Reaction score
I'm downloading Deadly Passions at the moment to get a feel for the band. So, once I give it a listen, i'll be sure to give my feedback.

Cool... I'll be curious to hear your opinion man. :D

Never heard of them before either...and I am usually on top of metal bands with lead singers as....talented as Julie.:heybaby:

Nice thread TUNEZ as usual.:hab:

Thanks LG. :cheers2 Yep, Julie has a number of "assets" including an amazing voice. :heheh:

Move over Doro, Julie Westlake is moving into the neighborhood! :heheh:

Damn, can Julie sing. Great stuff, Tunez. I heard some promo stuff on our local radio station about this band last year when their last album came out (Judgement). For some reason, I was thinking they originated in Ashland, Kentucky which is about 9 miles from Huntington, West Virginia.

It is rare to see this kind of hard rocking band come from Kentucky......or West Virginia for that matter :D

It IS unusual to see a band working this genre from that part of the country for sure but they sure are doing it right! :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I've started my listen, and Rejection was the first song I have heard, and I am already hooked. Such an incredible singer with a great band to go along with it. I'll be looking to get her other release in good time. Very cool band though TUNEZ :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They did an amazing cover of Stevie Nicks "Gold Dust Woman". There are no vids on YT...so I am uploading the song to Grooveshark. Once that upload is done I will edit this post and add it. It is not at all like the original, but they do the song justice :)

[grooveshark]31835471[/grooveshark]

Mr. T

Reaction score
I've started my listen, and Rejection was the first song I have heard, and I am already hooked. Such an incredible singer with a great band to go along with it. I'll be looking to get her other release in good time. Very cool band though TUNEZ :grinthumb

Glad you like P&C. All 3 albums smoke IMO. :D

They did an amazing cover of Stevie Nicks "Gold Dust Woman". There are no vids on YT...so I am uploading the song to Grooveshark. Once that upload is done I will edit this post and add it. It is not at all like the original, but they do the song justice :)

They also do a monster cover of Back In Black...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online