Humble Pie (Official Thread)

Phil B.

Far Out Man!
Reaction score
@Vader That's a kind offer, but I got online last night and ordered a copy of it off iOffer. :grinthumb

We can keep this plan in mind though for future endeavors, lol.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
@Vader That's a kind offer, but I got online last night and ordered a copy of it off iOffer. :grinthumb

We can keep this plan in mind though for future endeavors, lol.

Yeah, alright. I have duplicates of a few really killer albums in really great shape like In Rock etc. I will sent a list of things I would be willing to trade via PM at some point going through my collection again at the moment.

Back on topic HUMBLE PIE ~ 30 Days In the Hole off of Smokin '
Killer song ...

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
as anyone else gotten the complete fillmore box set. if yes what is your ** on the full sets...:bow::grinthumb

ReverendBoogaloo

Reaction score
San Francisco 1973, Winterland. My favourite live show ever!! Steve Marriott was a pure powerful soul singer, screaming his heart out over 1973's heaviest group. Loads of distortion, amps turned to ten and kept the tone. Not only that but with legendary back up singers. I did love Frampton but he couldn't do heavy like Clem, obviously one of Slashs biggest influences. Dynamically great live and it was nice to see one of the heavy rock bands not just do guitar solos and drum solos for fifteen minutes but to work a number of different songs into breakdowns and jams. Frampton had a massive influence over the band during their more melodic days but their last three 70s albums have that Marriott shit kicking rock side to them. One of the only if not the only heavy rock band to share vocals out, Big George, Shine On, Natural Born Woman, Big Back Dog. Even the young Jerry Shirley had a lead track and he was ridiculously young but I guess playing with Barrett from Pink Floyd gives you all you need to make it as a musician.

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
Late to the thread but been a fan from the beginning......I hav e all of the early albums up to and including Smokin'.....after that I think they ran outta steam......though there are some good tracks on Eat It and Thunderbox.
I think they needed Framptons guitar and melody sense and when he left they were never quite the same.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.