How to post You Tube videos

Romulus

Reaction score
I am trying to post a You Tube video onto this Forum in the style as all others have done in that the whole screen with control and title appears. I have tried to follow previous threads which explain the procedure but still I have failed. I asked my friends who are computer literate and they do not know the exact way! All they said it may have something to do with video being 'embedded'?

Can someone please explain the procedure to me exactly step by step. I know about copy and paste URL the tricky part is making the screen box appear with all the details. Thank you for your patience and would be grateful for your help.

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
You don't need the whole URL, just the 11 character video code following v=.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkhX5W7JoWI

Once you have the code, select the "Go Advanced" button. Enter or paste the code into the edit window, select the code and hit the Jz9RPB5.png icon from the toolbar.

Another way is to quote a post that contains a video and copy the youtube tags, then replace the code with your code.

This is what the youtube tags look like.

PHP:
[YT]JkhX5W7JoWI[/YT]

Last edited:

Romulus

Reaction score
You don't need the whole URL, just the 11 character video code following v=.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkhX5W7JoWI

Once you have the code, select the "Go Advanced" button. Enter or paste the code into the edit window, select the code and hit the Jz9RPB5.png icon from the toolbar.

Another way is to quote a post that contains a video and copy the youtube tags, then replace the code with your code.

This is what the youtube tags look like.

PHP:
[YT]JkhX5W7JoWI[/YT]

Thank you for the above. Using the latter method I have successfully posted a video in the video thread of this forum but I notice that it does not work in emails (in general). Do emails require an extra procedure?

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
If you're talking about PM's between members of this website, it should work the same. But not for external emails as the youtube tags are specific to this website.

If your external email supports HTML, you can try something like this.

Code:
<iframe src="[URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MikRS_EEGcQ[/URL]"></iframe>
I sent this video to my Gmail account and it works.

Metal Health

Reaction score
For a PM, you still have to remember to press "Reply" and then it will take you to the same page it would for a post. For PMs, the "Reply" button is on the bottom left corner of the conversation. At that point, you can do the same thing you would for a post and it should work.

I really hope this makes sense!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online