How Many Albums In Your Collection

Reaction score
god knows how many cds, most of them downloaded, but I have about half hard copies, probably around 300 digital and cd albums, 45 Lps (its growing, don't owrry), 7 cassettes, and some where around 120 gigabytes of mp3s.......

Last edited:

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
Mr. Shadow said:
The most organized are my hundreds of cassette tapes. They sound really good on the used Sony deck I bought for $25 at a local pawn shop.

I've heard that even eight track cartridges put CDs to shame.

:****:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
TNTC

That translates into "too numerous to count".

I have audio media from the old 78's, to vinyl LP's, to 45's, to eight tracks, to cassettes, to CD's, to MP3's.

My guestimation is probably 600 albums +/- a 100 :****:

Alocer

Music Fiend
Reaction score
Lets see...14 crates of records...53c0cb3abe4c48376a4e30d5e3e4374a4g.jpg Magic should recognize the "Voodoo Doll" in the corner :D...a milk crate full of CDs so about 200(complete mix from rock to banging techno), over 100 tapes(singles and full albums) and 2500 folders on my music terabyte...:D totally spoiled, I know...the list below is just what I have uploaded...a small fraction and a work in progress...

Hepcat

retired
Reaction score
That's a lot! But you know milk crates (at least Canadian ones) are also the perfect size for storing vinyl LPs.

:grinthumb

Alocer

Music Fiend
Reaction score
The ones here in the states don't work anymore from some size change, these are water crates that supermarkets use to move gallon water containers. That's why their a little too tall.(as you can tell)

I think "they" caught on that people were stealing milk crates for records and changed the size. But that's just my opinion. It could have just been random. Who knows?

Just glad you liked the picture...:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
When I lived in BC they changed the size of the milk crates in the mid 70's so they wouldn't be perfect for vinyl albums anymore. It might be different in other provinces but they Knew we were stealing them for that purpose and changed them accordingly.

Nice collection Alocer....maybe post a picture of your rig that you play all those treasures on.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice collection! And yes I do recognize that voodoo doll :), isn't it a ninja turtle? ?!! (har har)

One Question Al, have you converted all those albums to MP3 yet?

Oh and next time you decide to move...call 2 guys and a moving truck......i would hate to move all those crates. :D

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
I have probably around 15 8-Track tapes, 100 vinyl record albums, and maybe around 500 CDs.

For me it's quality, not quantity. You know I'm talking about music, right? :D

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online