How is it possible to like classical rock nowadays?

Yoba1994

Reaction score
I don't get it how it is possible to like classical rock bands nowadays. i mean sure if you are into music history or listening to it out of nostalgy it is ok, but seriously enjoying them after all those years of musical evolution and implementation of modern mastering techniques?

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Stylistic differences probably but it could be a million reasons. I think a better question is why does anyone like any of the music that they like? Just because something is older does that really make it any less enjoyable or valid?

Yoba1994

Reaction score
Stylistic differences probably but it could be a million reasons. I think a better question is why does anyone like any of the music that they like? Just because something is older does that really make it any less enjoyable or valid?

It is when it comes to pop music(and rock music is pop). It is just the pop music does not stand the test of time. Pop music today is far more interesting and diverse then yesterday's pop. And if you are into lyrics it is just you like poetry and not music itself.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
A well crafted song is a well crafted song regardless of when it was written. That is why modern artists are covering classic songs daily.

Modern music being interested? Well that's your opinion. Modern pop being more diverse? Well you're simply misinformed because there are a number of studies that show that modern pop has few different sounds, fewer chords, fewer different chord progressions, and fewer hit singles than any point in music dating back to the 50's. And as far as rock and pop being the same? They may overlap at some points but a generalization is just flat out wrong.

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
I look at it this way,If I like a tune I listen to it,If not it gets cast aside like an old dish rag.

Yoba1994

Reaction score
Well you're simply misinformed because there are a number of studies that show that modern pop has few different sounds, fewer chords, fewer different chord progressions, and fewer hit singles than any point in music dating back to the 50's
Can you please provide the links to those studies you mentioned?
That is why modern artists are covering classic songs daily.
Not that often.
A well crafted song is a well crafted song regardless of when it was written.
Can not agree with you on that. As the time passes the song can become uninteresting compared to more modern music.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Pick a card, any card. Science is fun, no?

You don't think it's that often? Lady Gaga covers Elton John, Adele covers Bob Dylan, Pink covers Led Zeppelin, and beyond. Sometimes they release them on their album but even more often they play them at their concerts. It happens a whole lot more often than you think.

You don't have to agree with me. That's what makes it an opinion, hon. ;)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notmrdurden

Members online

No members online now.