How did you find CRF?

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
You are absolutely right. It is just that a certain style of music developed on the independent labels and they tended to be song-orientated, guitar-based, anti-synthesizer, like Oasis.

Huh? But Oasis is not indie though. :D

I just find it funny when websites like AllMusic refer to bands like Keane and Killers as indie when they are extremely mainstream.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
Oasis signed with Creation Records in the early nineties. I am no expert, but my assumption is that Creation were one of the first independent record labels to sell a lot of records. They did suffer financial problems, possibly when Oasis left? Most indie became mainstream, because it sold in large quantities. I suppose they have been superceded by bands like Arctic Monkeys, who sold their material online without a record company, but the style is similar.

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Hello, CrazyConnie invited me. When I was registering I tired to add her as a referral but it would not let me. I hope that can be changed. Thanks :hy:

Jet

Midway Up The Ceiling
Reaction score
Hello Jet :) Welcome to the forum!

Thank you. Can you tell me if I'm allowed to have a signature? I uploaded one but it is not showing. :D

Edit: Now it is showing.

Thank you Sunny and Jake T!

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.