How did you discover ... ?

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
In The Beginning

Led-Zeppelin... High School. This cat in gym was playing "Custard Pie" and "Kashmir" on this dinky one channel cassette player. I was intrigued. Liked this girl, went to her house to hang out. Her big brother had "Physical Graffiti" which she and I played on her folks' stereo. If I ever saw one Tish Sloan, I would profusely thank her for that moment as they say the rest was history...

The Beatles was the first band I liked but Led-Zeppelin became a full blown white-hot love affair that has lasted to this day.

From there, came Aerosmith, Queen, The Rolling Stones, The Who...all the others.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
U2 is my favourite band as some of you may know already. :p Discovered them through MTV around 1992 or so when they were playing those videos from Achtung Baby in heavy rotation. Mysterious Ways was probably the first song I heard by them. Either that or Even Better Than The Real Thing. I missed the initial single The Fly which I heard later.

Then I got Achtung Baby on cassette as well as Joshua Tree shortly after, followed by Rattle And Hum. I think the excellent song from Batman Forever, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me sealed my fandom forever and I was a rabid fan by the time Pop rolled around in 1997.

Ahh teenage nostalgia... sigh!

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
Warren Zevon I got into after I saw him on David Letterman.

Not long ago I actually looked up "blues rock" on Wikipedia and it gave a list of bands. I youtubed a bunch of them to try to get turned on to some stuff I hadn't heard. Got into Five Horse Johnson, Left Lane Cruiser, The Atomic Bitchwax and one of my new favorite bands Fu Manchu.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online